Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I OWE TSP AN APOLOGY: Their true duals fit Kooks LT's

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I OWE TSP AN APOLOGY: Their true duals fit Kooks LT's

Boy do I feel like an ***. After trying for the fourth time to get these bad boys to bolt up to my Kooks LT's I finally got it. You see there was a glitch between the ground and the headers, therefore I couldn't get them to work until now

1. Buy/Rent a pipe expander, you're gonna need it. Everything fits really, really, tight and you'll be cussing up a storm without one.

2. Don't just check for clearance out back where the dumps are. Be sure to adjust for some clearance on the driver side where the pipes right off of the collectors hang really low. They are two pieces so you can adjust them for the best possible clearance.

3. You might want to sell those bullet mufflers and get some sweet-thunder chambers. The thunder sound great, and best off all they are have an overall diameter of 3 inches instead of 4 like the bullets. You'll gain about 1/2 inch of clearance this way.

4. The x-pipe only goes on ONE way! This is the biggest problem I was having with clearance and fitment. If you look at the x-pipe, you will notice that the end of the x-pipe where the mufflers go is slightly curve upward. IMPORTANT!: Make sure the x is positioned so the pipes at the end curve TOWARD the bottom of the car. It'll kind look like a very subtle U (I mean very subtle). If you don't do this you will know. One muffler will not clear the torque arm and the other will bang on the floor.

5. I have Kooks LT's, so I wasn't sure if these duals were gonna bolt up. That is why when I ran into some problems I quit so easily. I just assumed these things weren't meant for my car. Just don't give up. They fit and they fit great!

6. C-clamps suck. You will definately want to weld everything past the header connection to get rid of the damn c-clamps which hang almost 3/4 of an inch lower than everything else on the car.

Good luck, I hope this helps out anyone considering this system for their Kooks LT's.

Sorry TSP, you guys have a great product that seems to work with just about every header out there. Damn good job, keep it up.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:29 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

glad it worked out for you

Quick Reply: I OWE TSP AN APOLOGY: Their true duals fit Kooks LT's