Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat Back help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cat Back help

I have Pasesetter LTs with ORY, it's connected to stock I-pipe, which goes into a Magnaflow muffler with stock tips. I have been hearing alot of creaking and rattling (not from the headers) that I believe is caused by having so many mixed and matched parts. I would like to get a Real Borla or Magnaflow cat-back, just so everything will match up right. Will those 2 work? Also, what are the dimensions of a stock WS6 or SS exhaust. I-pipe size muffler inlet and outlet size?
Thanks,
Tony
Old 08-08-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Exhaust ???????sss

...ttt...
Old 08-08-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

The bad sound isn't from mismatch parts.

It's actually just a RASPY exhaust setup. The LT's + ORY you get rasp. Just change your exhaust over to a Hooker Catback.

You'll be happy.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Rasp

I knew it was gonna have rasp, that actually doesn't bother me as much as having all my pipes mis-matched. The ORY is 3" and my I-pipe is 2.5", I know that most catbacks are 3" all the way into the muffler. I had to have a muffler shop bend my ORY down, because it rattled itself loose on the floorboard. I just want a catback, that'll match up to all the stock hangers and look normal. As of now my tips aren't exactly centered in the rear bumper. It's not that noticeable, but it eats at me.