Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Noise?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Exhaust Noise?????

I need a little help. Is it normal, at Idle, to have all the exhaust sound come out of the right tailpipe?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, perfectly normal depending on the muffler. Since you have Magnaflow (which I do as well), it is pretty normal. Due to the setup of the muffler and the direction the exhaust enters it, it is often directed mostly out the right side tailpipe. Doesn't affect performance at all and you only notice it if you have your ears down to each pipe.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
I need a little help. Is it normal, at Idle, to have all the exhaust sound come out of the right tailpipe?

Are you down there sniffing exhaust gases? That's not good for you ... Nah it just depends on the flow pattern of the muffler..
Old 08-09-2004, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default No more sniffy

I don't sniff that stuff anymore, I wasn't all that smart to begin with, so I had to quit. I was actually walking behind it and noticed it. I have as my fiance' calls it, "SuperHuman" hearing. I can hear a fly fart from a mile away. Thanks for the replies.
Tony