Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whisper Lid?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whisper Lid?

I just went from the K&NFilter Charger whatever kit to a whisper lid setup. I ordered my stuff and I bought it with breather (thought that meant the K&N filter). I do not even have the freaking air system in my car to need a flipping breather($30 for some stupid little air tube). Thought I was getting the filter too or would not even ordered the crap from them. Then I put my $100 plastic whisper lid on and what do you know it doesn't have a flipping seal to hold the flipping air sensor in. I am really not liking this crap at all. Has anyone else been through this crap? Oh and the bolts that I had for the old system wear not long enough so I had to go buy some more of them too. I am really disappointed right now in the product from LS1 speed and wondering what everyone else did that ordered a whisper lid about the flipping no seal for the air sensor. If I do not find a solution soon I will just box the piece of crap up and send it back for a refund. I hope that someone can help because the lid looks a lot better.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I hear where you're comming from on being pissed off. When you spend that much dough on something as simple as a lid, you want it to be AT LEAST as good as it says it's going to be. I don't think you'll have to send it back, just call them and let them know that you're missing a part, and I'm sure they'll send you one. The mis-understanding about the breather really does blow!! But once you calm down, I'm sure you'll see they're not really (honestly this time, not just legally) responsible for it. I'm really sorry to hear about your frustrations though. I don't make a whole hell of a lot of money, so I know what it's like to pay for item A, and get something that looks more like item B. Good luck to you.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

The Intake Air Temp sensor grommets are not included if you order just any aftermarket lid. If you have your stock lid, you will need to remove it from the stock lid and install it on the Whisper lid. It's quite simple. And as for the bolts, those are for the radiator support for the K&N kit as thier radiator support is much thinner than the stock peice which will require longer bolts. Just go to the dealership and order them.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine came with the filter for the air tube but the air temp sensor part isnt included. You have to use the one off of the stock air box
Old 08-14-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

My SLP Lid worked the same way, had to remove the rubber gromet...which was a pain

The guys at LS1speed are good guys, im sure they will fix everything up.

-Todd
Old 08-14-2004, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you expect the part to install itself? It came with specific instructions..

Maybe this page will help: InstallUniversity.com