Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed's New Cat & Off-Road Y Pipes Pics-->

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it me or did anyone think about where that rear O2 sensor is going to be and how much of an plug extenstion is going to be needed?? I think it looks nice, probably losing ground clearance with the cats and not having any of the pipes "squashed". What do you guys do for getting a Flowmaster collector installed on a existing y-pipe? I have the original Pacesetters on my car with their original y-pipe, it rasps a little, but it's a BIG 3" y-pipe and doesn't scrape anything. Just curious if it's worth trying to get a collector on there?
Old 08-21-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Orange Peel
Is it me or did anyone think about where that rear O2 sensor is going to be and how much of an plug extenstion is going to be needed??

It's just you. That's what sims are for or delete the rear's with a tuner. The rear O2's wouldn't be that happy that far back anyway.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:02 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have not put my pacesetters on only b/c i was looking for an alternative to the y, and not going true duals...this is perfect for me...let me know if you guys want me to "try it out"
Old 08-21-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have to say that this setup interests me as well! If the price is right, I might change my mind about saving up for the FLP LT's just so I can swap the cats for their dual cutout pipes. That setup is some serious green when you factor in the dual electric cutouts. I'm interested! Keep us updated.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Retired Street Racer

dyno numbers on ory vs. catted y would be nice as well
Old 08-22-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

would this y fit stainless works headers as well if so then im sure it would be cheaper if I went with their headers and this catted Y...
Old 08-23-2004, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

I'm definitly interesting in a set. I you can keep the price below $300 I think you'll have alot of customers. Carsound cats (ie Magnaflow) are some of the best flowing around.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm definitly interesting in a set. I you can keep the price below $300 I think you'll have alot of customers. Carsound cats (ie Magnaflow) are some of the best flowing around.
I think sub-$300 price on a catted Y-pipe is a fair deal.

I mean Pacesetters charge $150 for ORY, and cats if purchased in bulk shouldn't cost more than $60/pair , that leaves ~$90 profit/Y-pipe for manufacturer (TSP)

I'm definitely IN if the price is right.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

what if the Y pipe also offered the ability to swap from cats to ory by unbolting it? just another suggestion....
Old 08-23-2004, 10:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The cat system is going to around $349.99 or so. I don't think it can be compared to a Pacesetter y pipe at all. Alot of off-road y pipes go for 169-200 so $349.99 shouldn't be to bad of a buy! I will offer the system with the parts needed to remove the cats if the customer wants It's all clamp together, so that won't be a problem

Jason
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 08-23-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

one last question..i hope..does this only come in 3" or will it also be available as a 2.5"?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
The cat system is going to around $349.99 or so. I don't think it can be compared to a Pacesetter y pipe at all. Alot of off-road y pipes go for 169-200 so $349.99 shouldn't be to bad of a buy! I will offer the system with the parts needed to remove the cats if the customer wants It's all clamp together, so that won't be a problem

Jason
Are you talking about a setup where you can swap out the cats for off-road pipes like the FLPs? How much would this setup cost?
Old 08-24-2004, 01:31 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, I was hoping to see a nice merge collector on this Y pipe when I read the title to this thread.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:09 PM
fff
Staging Lane

If these fit Jet-Hot's, had the Flowmaster collector and swappable cats for under 400, I would order it today.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sanders
Damn, I was hoping to see a nice merge collector on this Y pipe when I read the title to this thread.
We've voiced our opinion, Now let's just hope it works
Old 08-24-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fff
If these fit Jet-Hot's, had the Flowmaster collector and swappable cats for under 400, I would order it today.
perhaps jason and teh gang down there could mail your their big toe or index finger while they are at it. These guys take their time to fabricate something so you all will quit bitching about the pacesetter/qtp y pipes because they don't fit. If you aren't sure wtf im talking about, check out one of TSP's rumber x pipe, by far one of the best fitting peices i've seen in a while. They put alot of hours into making this **** work, and even though i have not even purchased anything from them, edited

**If you can't control your "mouth" and show a little respect for someone elses opinion, Move on, your responce or persence is not needed here. If you EVER post another racial slur, your post will be deleted without warning or question and you'll likely be banned.
-WILWAXU

custom fabbed 350 is a great price for a custom made mandrel bent catted y pipe.

I find it funny how people keep asking fo rmore and more out of a peice that is merely 350 but they have no problem spending 750 on a GMMG catback or 600 on a borla... Fools

BTW sorry to hijack and ran Jason...Great work!

Last edited by WILWAXU; 08-24-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:04 PM
fff
Staging Lane

Do you mind backing off a bit? You are way out of line. I have a lot of respect for what they are doing for the community, and I have given them my fair share of business. Think about this for a moment. The price is 350 and that is a great price to be sure....add another 40 for the flowmaster collector and ~10 for clamps and pipes for the cats and you are right at or around $400. So I am not asking for a big toe, although I could use one. I am not sure for what, but I don't have any extra and you just never know. So if they want to include one with the Y-Pipe, I won't say no. I am not bitching about anything, I just stated what I would buy. The only way advancements are made is if those with the money, time and knowledge to create these great parts for us know what the customers are looking for. The pipes they have come out with lately are quite simply the best advancement made for our cars in a long time. I am sure this one will be no different. That said, personally, I would not buy it as is because I am happy with my setup, but would love the ability to swap cats on a Jet Hot setup, and the collector would rock. That is not a knock against them, or anything else, just my opinion. I am sorry to have touched such a nerve with you, but I do not think I am out of line. As for the remark about catbacks, I wouldn't spend that much for a catback either, but I think it is very close minded to write everyone who does off as a fool.

BTW, could you please explain what it means to be edited about something, or should ask a moderator to explain it to me?

Thanks!

Fred

Originally Posted by slik98z
perhaps jason and teh gang down there could mail your their big toe or index finger while they are at it. These guys take their time to fabricate something so you all will quit bitching about the pacesetter/qtp y pipes because they don't fit. If you aren't sure wtf im talking about, check out one of TSP's rumber x pipe, by far one of the best fitting peices i've seen in a while. They put alot of hours into making this **** work, and even though i have not even purchased anything from them, edited

custom fabbed 350 is a great price for a custom made mandrel bent catted y pipe.

I find it funny how people keep asking fo rmore and more out of a peice that is merely 350 but they have no problem spending 750 on a GMMG catback or 600 on a borla... Fools

BTW sorry to hijack and ran Jason...Great work!

Last edited by WILWAXU; 08-24-2004 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let's keep the thread on topic, and lay off any and all remarks related to race or religion. The guys at TSP have been making some great products lately, and they have been making them more affordable than a lot of their competitors. If you have constructive comments, suggestions, or requests, by all means voice your opinion so Jason and crew can hear from you.

I for one am very interested in this piece, and would like to hear more about your plans for being able to swap out the cats for straight pipes!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:54 PM
fff
Staging Lane

Sorry for the derailment. I am interested in this as well and was just offering my support for the Flowmaster. Once again sorry and thanks TSP for the great work!

Fred

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Let's keep the thread on topic, and lay off any and all remarks related to race or religion. The guys at TSP have been making some great products lately, and they have been making them more affordable than a lot of their competitors. If you have constructive comments, suggestions, or requests, by all means voice your opinion so Jason and crew can hear from you.

I for one am very interested in this piece, and would like to hear more about your plans for being able to swap out the cats for straight pipes!
Old 08-24-2004, 07:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Installing V-band clamps like FLP headers have would be an extra $140-160ish for the 12 v's and 4 v-band clamps. I don't think the "test" pipe would be very much though. I think some kind of slip fit would be more cost effective, plus add adjustability at the same time, I'd like it to fit as many long tube headers as possible like the TSP ORX system.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com

Quick Reply: Texas Speed's New Cat & Off-Road Y Pipes Pics-->