Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?'s about true duals

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?'s about true duals

i was looking into true duals for my 00 T/A. they would be dumped before the axle, i have heard that this may heat up my fuel and cuase problems, is that true???

doug
Old 08-20-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00ls1
i was looking into true duals for my 00 T/A. they would be dumped before the axle, i have heard that this may heat up my fuel and cuase problems, is that true???

doug
You're speaking of vapor lock..

If you're running a bullet style muffler then you shouldn't really have to worry about this.

If you're going to run something along the line of a Borla XR-1 or Magnaflow 4x9. They could get pretty close to the fuel lines. I was told to buy the heat reflective aluminum tape (like what's used in the engine bay of the fuel lines) this should prevent any vapor lock issues..
Old 08-20-2004, 07:44 PM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

thanks man, thanks for the link too
Old 08-20-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used the heat tape from jegs on the lines and I am in the process of building a little heat sheild for my fuel filter. I noticed that it got a little warm the other day. I didn't want to put the tape directly on the filter so I am going to set up a sheild so it can come on and off when it is time to do a filter change. Good Luck