Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anything to DISLIKE about GMMG?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GMMG is great, i had it with stock manifolds and y pipe and sound great, not to loud at all. Now i have it with longtubes and ory and i think it is the best sound i have ever heard. Would not trade my exhaust for anything, def get it i promise you will love it!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the responses. The main reason I wanted to ask if anyone had anything bad to say about GMMG is because all I've every heard was great things. Sometimes when all you hear is the good stuff it makes me a little nervous. HOWEVER, it appears that everyone that has every had the GMMG has loved it.

If only someone in the Denver area that has GMMG would like to meet up sometime and let me ride in their car. I'm going to have to check into the F-Body Hidout in the Colorado section and see if anyone wants to meet up and show off our cars.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Launching!

If you ever come to Kansas sometime let me know because I can give you one!
Old 08-23-2004, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawg One
Ya' know, every time I read one of these threads, and it's pretty often between the three major LS1 boards, it's always the same thing..."Except for the price..." What price??? You PAY for quality and performance. That's what it takes to OWN a high powered performance car. Please take a moment and review the facts as shown below. These prices were all taken from SPONSORS of these boards, so they are legit. I believe as an owner of a GMMG chambered exhaust mated to a 2002 Firehawk Trans Am that it is the best bang for the buck, best looking, and most importantly of all BEST SOUNDING! system available for the LS1 engine. Really. If you missed out on the latest GP, which ran forever, you gave up $100 in savings. Even at full price, the GMMG is competitively priced and you will NOT see loads of complaints about it like many other well known brands.
Well that is all your opinion. The starter of the thread wanted opinions and I gave mine. As far as I'm concerned, Not the best sounding and DEFINATELY not the best looking, and ohh yeah, $850??
Old 08-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

My questions wasn't so much about the GMMG costing to much, or anything money related. But every would be wise to always remember that for one person $100 is a ton of money, and for another it's pocket change. Also, everyone is at a different stage of their financial life, and it's not right to judge them.

We lived in our first house for over 5 years, and I was so broke I never had enough spare money to splurg on a $250 garage door opener Now, I make enough money I can afford to spend $300 a month for Camaro SS payments, and if I save my money right, some kick *** mods like a new GMMG exhaust.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
How would a trex, long tubes, no cats, along with more mods sound on the gmmg....how much rasp would i have?...obviously not near as much as my freinds open borla...lol

That wouldn't even sound anywhere near good IMO. It'd be way to sloppy and harsh.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
How would a trex, long tubes, no cats, along with more mods sound on the gmmg....how much rasp would i have?...obviously not near as much as my freinds open borla...lol
it would rumble thats for sure haha
Old 08-24-2004, 03:34 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My only complaint is it's not loud enough.

Some of you guys who think it's loud really haven't heard a loud LS1!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

the tips hang low compared to my stockers. but the sound over see's that.

gmmg
Old 08-24-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DMNSPD

, I couldn't agree more.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DMNSPD

Naah.. you don't understand loud doesn't = fast
Old 08-25-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

I agree that while the tone of the GMMG is great, it is not loud at all. Now my old TA, which had an x pipe w/ 18" bullets dumped at the axle and a decent sized cam, now that was loud! When Im in my SS driving, I feel like it has a stock catback on it compared to my 99.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Naah.. you don't understand loud doesn't = fast
Cut out =fast which =$40. Most people which spend $800+on a catback I would think would want to turn some heads.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Cut out =fast which =$40. Most people which spend $800+on a catback I would think would want to turn some heads.
GMMG turns plenty of heads. You forget, us F-Bod people are used to an unusual amount of loudness. Whats quiet to us is LOUD for the general public. My neighbors already complain and I dont even have my LT's yet
Old 08-26-2004, 07:25 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
GMMG turns plenty of heads. You forget, us F-Bod people are used to an unusual amount of loudness. Whats quiet to us is LOUD for the general public. My neighbors already complain and I dont even have my LT's yet
Up here at at PSU, no one really cares much about how my car sounds lol.

But loud equaling fast... well, that SOM SS at Rapid that's making over 500 at the wheels and is ten second capable is the loudest car I've heard

Now, my buddies car with hooker Lt's, no cats, and a dynomouth is super loud too. The G5X3 helps that out too

Those are loud cars. GMMG is not loud. Even on a car with longtubes and cats with the GMMG behind is not too loud - yet it seems to be a perfect sound.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

what about the lt's, no cats, gmmg
Old 08-26-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

I have nothing negative as far as the exhuast goes. As far as the customer service i'm not sure. When I got mine, my tips were mismatched (were cut differently on the ends). I then had to use my own money to ship the tips back for replacement. Don't most companies pay for return shipping when the product they give you is faulty or the wrong one?