Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quiet TD's.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question quiet TD's.....

Im wanting to go with catted TD's, but I need it to be as quiet as possible without sacrificing any power. Ive come to the conclusion that its going to be too much to get them all the way back. So i know that they will need to be dumped. anyone have a similar setup? I know Mr. Joshua has something close to what I want but id like quieter mufflers. any ideas?
Old 08-22-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for something quiet, why do true duals?
Old 08-22-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Quiet true duals???? Is that an oxymoron? Hope mine is not quiet!
Old 08-22-2004, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

the only reason i asked for quiet was because i have to drive it on base and i dont need people to hear me within a 5 block radius. i guess its pointless to try to explain...ill just go with lts a catted y and catback..save myself the grief...
Old 08-22-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Go with GMMG it is not to loud but sounds mean.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

if your looking for quiet..i would go with a cat back with two street pro cutouts for when you want good flow.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Addict

i guess just the catback will sufice since i got one just laying around..no sense in letting it just rust..oh wait its stainless nevermind
Old 08-22-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

i dunno about san diego, but on ft hood they don't much care about exhaust. i knew a few guys that had true duals and the MP's never gave them any ****. one got pulled over to get complimented on his exhaust, that was about it!!
Old 08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

nope...they're ****** in san diego about it...wish i could get away with it. oh well. not to mention the fact that the city does check points where they look at your car or see if you've been drinking...bullshit!@!@!@
Old 08-22-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

i have 2.5 inch, h pipe with sweet thunders and its relatively quiet...just dont get on it.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think they'll give you too much grief...

I had Pacesetter LT's | ORY | TSP Rumbler---- and the guards would compliment me on the exhaust as I went through they gate. When they found out I had dual electric cutouts in my y-pipe.. Everytime I tried to get on base, they would ask me to open them (they thought it was so cool) TR230/224 sounded great through those things.

Next setup was 2.5" true duals with Borla XR-1's and they loved those too. Always asking me to rev or sit there a little longer so they could hear it.

Just purchased a set of Sweet Thunders, and I'm sure that they're gonna love those too. Actually one of the security guys was asking me about building a setup for his Camaro since I did my own..

I'm Navy by the way.. Should be in San Diego at the end of Jan.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
I don't think they'll give you too much grief...

I had Pacesetter LT's | ORY | TSP Rumbler---- and the guards would compliment me on the exhaust as I went through they gate. When they found out I had dual electric cutouts in my y-pipe.. Everytime I tried to get on base, they would ask me to open them (they thought it was so cool) TR230/224 sounded great through those things.

Next setup was 2.5" true duals with Borla XR-1's and they loved those too. Always asking me to rev or sit there a little longer so they could hear it.

Just purchased a set of Sweet Thunders, and I'm sure that they're gonna love those too. Actually one of the security guys was asking me about building a setup for his Camaro since I did my own..

I'm Navy by the way.. Should be in San Diego at the end of Jan.
well. i still have to see what i want to do. ill have 2 weeks when i get back from pac in dec to hear a few setups before i drive down to tx. also, if i decide on TD's the i can get the headers alot sooner and just get cats to add to it just to help it out. Maybe Lane can hook it up. he did a sweet job on my cousins(A-Bomb) car. Also hit me up when you get there... i can show you around and show you where the tracks are if you dont already know.