Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP Pulley Problems....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASP Pulley Problems....

Hey Guys,
I recently installed an ASP Crank pulley and Alt. (OD) pulley on my 02 SS about a month ago . Well , I was wondering has anyone had any charging problems with this set ? The other day I was waiting in line at hardee's for 20 minutes. The ac was off , no headlights on and I even had the car in neutral with the parking brake up ! The car seemed to idle fine. Once I got my ANGUS BURGER , and pulled away from the window ,my car just died ! I coasted to a parking space. Turn the car off and try to restart the car again. Nothing !! Just that infamous "click,click,click" sound when the battery (stock) is gone. I was able to get a jump and the car started right up. As of right now ,my car starts with no problem. Would an Optima battery help me with this problem ? I have considered taking the pullies off and put my ol'stockers back on. Hell ,I ran my best et with the stockers anyway Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think there have been too many people with charging problems and the ASP unless they are running multiple electronic devices (ie. stereos)

Could be like you said, bad battery or maybe (but unlikely) a shot alternator...

But if you don't have anything sucking the juice from your battery on a daily basis (besides normal stuff) then the ASP w/ the Alt pulley should work just fine on the A4