Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch Can and Metco Breather,Where is My Oil Going???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry Catch Can and Metco Breather,Where is My Oil Going???

I tell you this car is one thing after another!My wife and I were coming home from our trip tonight,I was cruising down US10 and I 75 at 75-80 mph for about an hour straight without jumping on the car with my new H/C combo.I had to get over to get off the highway and I floored it,I looked into my Rear veiw mirror,and I was like WTF!!!! I barried the guy behind me in a total SMOKE SCREEN I mean you could hardly see his Headlights after Dusk, In 600 miles I went through about 3/4 of a quart I checked my 90mm Intake and TB,Because my stock tb and intake used to be lathered in oil,But it was dry?I drained my catch can and maybe 2 table spoons came outThis Car uses about the same amount of oil with my new set up as it did stock I dont get it where is it going?Well so much for trying to stop the oil burning
Thanks again,Scott
Old 09-09-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

to the top
Old 09-17-2004, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i seem to be having the same problem. at high rpms and decel i get smoke. i raced an M3 today and while going i didnt see much smoke, as we got to the next light i came to a stop and this huge cloud came out my tailpipe and past my door. if i rev it to 5500ish at a stand still it smokes on the way down too.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

What Oil weight are you running?I am currently running Royal Purple 5w30 ,and my oil change is due so I am going to try Royal Purple 41 racing oil to see if it helps....I think we have got crappy oil rings
Old 09-17-2004, 08:49 PM
wrencher

Well I'd see where it's goin first. Is the plugs showing signs of burning it? Have you done compression tests, cranking & running? Cylinder leak downs? If you look ok on the cylinder sealing area I'd look into valve seals.
Quick easier way to look at intake valve to see if seals are crapy; Pull injector rail up . You need a bendable stick light. (< auto parts stores got 'em) Stick the light down the injector holes & inspect the valves. It's not easy but it works, you got new heads so they should be clean. The exhaust's seals are alot harder to inspect. Need to Know where it's goin first B-4 knowin' what to fix.