Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Underdrive Pulley? which one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weight would be above looks in my opinion.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
What I meant was that we sould base our pulley choice on:
1- Harmonic absorbtion (the most important function) remember KR problems with ASP old design???
2- power
3- looks
4-weight (negligent as it is centrifugal weight)
True...and those KR issues were supposedly ONLY with the older pre SFI Approved versions and were never really proven at that (maybe a potential installation and/or sprocket/timing chain issue?) but either way the newer ones haven't had any problems apparently.
As far as weight goes, that is a concern of mine. The March supposedly weighs like 5 pounds more than the ASP and while it has little or no affect on the pulley's performance it is still extra weight on the nose of the car, considering that I take out my cigarette lighter for weight savings at the track you can just imagine how I feel about an extra 5 pounds.

*Just kidding about the lighter.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:55 AM
12 Second Club

i dont know of any1's expreience with SLP since its NEW...jsut came out a few months back...looks like a suficient design...i eman it serves the same purpose as the rest...and they claim the same gains as the rest...it is a 25%...the only difference i see with it is the "all-steel construction and extra tall belt-retention walls" which im wondering if the walls will even make a difference and if so what kind of diffrence might i see? or notice compared to others in the aftermarket?