Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is it safe to buy TBs from now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dyno testing from Shaner will happen as soon as he gets it back from the machine shop. That's what many people (including me) are waiting on.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SupahRich
Any idea what the approx. cost is going to be on the billet TB? Seems like it would be a nice upgrade Someone said it'll flow 100cfm more than stock, how much does a ported stock one flow over 100% stock?
you may want to confirm this with him but alittle over a week ago he said the first batch that comes out of the machine shop will be $239 (no exchange).
with the proto type one he built, he said he saw noticable gains in how hard the car pulls over his S3.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

It's not Shaner himself that is the reason for the hold up. The machine that he has produce the throttlebodies also does a lot of work for the aerospace industry, in which they make SLIGHTLY more money, so the machine does them when they can. He's also trying to develop an automated tool that will allow you to simply select which of his throttlebodies you want to make on the tool, instead of having to change stuff out each time.

Does anyone have Janzters webiste? All I have is a community webshots thing that shows pictures and prices, but no way to contact him. Is that the only site, if someone could pm me I'd appreciate.

I'm probably going to get the billet once it's out, but I just want to see how much the Janzter ones sell for.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Does anyone have Janzters webiste? All I have is a community webshots thing that shows pictures and prices, but no way to contact him. Is that the only site, if someone could pm me I'd appreciate.

I'm probably going to get the billet once it's out, but I just want to see how much the Janzter ones sell for.[/QUOTE]

You don't want to talk to Jantzer....he has gone all the way over the edge and pulled a Jay from Absolute Speed.

He has had my TB and money for 7 weeks now and no TB and the install is tomorrow for the new LS2402.

Perry

PS, Thanks to Bo White I do have a loaner to put on til I can get to Grants Pass, Or.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
It's not Shaner himself that is the reason for the hold up. The machine that he has produce the throttlebodies also does a lot of work for the aerospace industry, in which they make SLIGHTLY more money, so the machine does them when they can. He's also trying to develop an automated tool that will allow you to simply select which of his throttlebodies you want to make on the tool, instead of having to change stuff out each time.

Does anyone have Janzters webiste? All I have is a community webshots thing that shows pictures and prices, but no way to contact him. Is that the only site, if someone could pm me I'd appreciate.

I'm probably going to get the billet once it's out, but I just want to see how much the Janzter ones sell for.
i spoke with mark for the second time today, he said the the shop doing the manufacturing has been tied up with other projects. but he should be on it anyday now, the CAD (computer aided design)part is over they just need to machine a few, test, then start full production.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=Perry Kincy]
Originally Posted by Does anyone have Janzters webiste? All I have is a community webshots thing that shows pictures and prices, but no way to contact him. Is that the only site, if someone could pm me I'd appreciate.

I'm probably going to get the billet once it's out, but I just want to see how much the Janzter ones sell for.[/QUOTE

You don't want to talk to Jantzer....he has gone all the way over the edge and pulled a Jay from Absolute Speed.

He has had my TB and money for 7 weeks now and no TB and the install is tomorrow for the new LS2402.

Perry

PS, Thanks to Bo White I do have a loaner to put on til I can get to Grants Pass, Or.
Good luck on the install, hope things are as hoped and you have terrible traction problems lol.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

How long do you have before you can file a claim with paypal?

I ordered mine December 13th from Jantzer. I guess I shouldn't have given him the benefit of the doubt..all I want is my throttle body.

Last edited by NateLS1; 02-16-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

I believe its 30 days, not sure. Hope you get your TB, he does good work- hate to see him get this way.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:31 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by Another_User
I have been trying to decide who to buy a throttle body from, but every time I decide which one to get I read some horror story about how they never returned a core charge, or never shipped the TB, or never even responded to an email. So who is safe to order from? I was thinking Shaner, but has anybody gotten anything from him lately?
Try TPIS.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bo White
I believe its 30 days, not sure. Hope you get your TB, he does good work- hate to see him get this way.
Bo,

Thanks for your loaner, it is going on the car tomorrow.

And I agree with you....I will live without the TB or the $135 I paid Jantzer, but I feel for him, whatever is making him so crazy. Life shouldn't cause you to run away and hide from people. He must be feeling some kind of miserable to turn around and start stiffing people.

Perry
Old 02-17-2005, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Got my S3 today. Waited 2 months, 11 days. 1st one I got after 1 month, but good ol' post office smashed it.

It is a nice piece of work. I will post pics 2/19.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Would like to get one but as said earlier the stock t.b. flows more than the maf. Would someone explain to me how you can get a performance increase doing this when it is after the choke point???
Old 02-18-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

I have seen first hand 8hp/7ftlb gain on a Dynojet on a stalled A4 car with a 12 bolt and H/C/stock mass air. I see your reasoning but have seen otherwise on the dyno and track.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rays C5
Would like to get one but as said earlier the stock t.b. flows more than the maf. Would someone explain to me how you can get a performance increase doing this when it is after the choke point???
I have been saying that for a long time. Notice that my MAF has gone bye-bye.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

bo white here on the board is dam good
Old 02-18-2005, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

You can't just look at one point in the intake track and call it the choke point. The whole intake from air filter to engine has to be looked at as one big unit.

If the air beyond the MAF is allowed to flow better(ported throttle body), than the MAF itself will flow better, because there is less restriction after it.

If you take a straw and blow through it, and then cut it in half and blow through it again, more air can be blown after its cut in half. I use a straw because there is no "choke point", its all one diameter. But if you try it you will see the difference, therefore the "choke point" theory is null.

It's kind of tough to explain without getting really technical, if anyone thinks they can clarify it better than I, please do.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NateLS1

If you take a straw and blow through it, and then cut it in half and blow through it again, more air can be blown after its cut in half. I use a straw because there is no "choke point", its all one diameter. But if you try it you will see the difference, therefore the "choke point" theory is null.
thats a really good example.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

That is not how it works. An intake system with a restriction is not going to magically flow more air with a bigger TB after the same size MAF. No matter how many times you click your heels together, it won't work. More vacuum will get created behind the choke point, and less air will flow. Your intake will never flow more CFM than the worst flowing part of your intake. Even if you are forced induction, pressure will build up higher on the outside of the restriction before it will on the inside.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Another_User
That is not how it works. An intake system with a restriction is not going to magically flow more air with a bigger TB after the same size MAF. No matter how many times you click your heels together, it won't work. More vacuum will get created behind the choke point, and less air will flow. Your intake will never flow more CFM than the worst flowing part of your intake. Even if you are forced induction, pressure will build up higher on the outside of the restriction before it will on the inside.
if the MAF hasnt been ported/eliminated then NO extra air flow is coming past the "choking point", then how does the LS6 intake offer any gains over the LS1 intake.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
if the MAF hasnt been ported/eliminated then NO extra air flow is coming past the "choking point", then how does the LS6 intake offer any gains over the LS1 intake.
Better flow characteristics. That's different. Each individual cylinder does not flow more than the TB or the MAF. Don't get me wrong. Ported TBs with a stock MAF will make more power. But not because the hole is bigger, because of better airflow characteristics.

There are also considerations beyond my tuning knowledge, such as increased plenum area, etc. that make a difference.

Quick Reply: Who is it safe to buy TBs from now?