Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sucked water into the engone and blew it up, getting new one...suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installing the LS6 from GM does NOT void your warranty as it is a direct replacement engine from GM. 2000-2002 Z28's and SS's already have the LS6 externals installed from the factory, with a percentage of them coming with the LS6 block to begin with. Anyone who tells you that this voids the warranty is full of ****.

Mine is doing right at 400 hp, runs excellent and I think this motor should have been an option in the first place, maybe the Camaro would still be in production if GM had listened to the people who bought their products and marketed the product to begin with.

The LS6 is an excellent platform to mod on, providing power levels in a stock form that most NA LS1's have to be modded to reach, while being able to be driven daily with decent milage available. Modded with a cam and bolton's, this motor can easily reach 475 to 500 hp na.

My thanks always go out to TSP for helping not get get screwed by the dealer, who tried to nickel and dime this and replace things that did not need to be replaced.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modded with a cam and bolton's, this motor can easily reach 475 to 500 hp na.
You have A LOT to learn my friend. Your LS6 engine will reach no more than any other LS6/LS1. I'd say with a good sized cam and bolt-ons you would have 425rwhp. Keep in mind the reason the Ls6 has so much power is the LS6 heads, 10.5 compression, and the ls6 cam. When you add a new cam you will make more power but it won't be such a drastic difference as the ls1 because it already was bigger than the ls1 cam. Same thing goes for the heads. You won't see as much of a difference from aftermarket heads becuase they are already better.

I'd also like to see your 400rwtq dyno sheet.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Launching!

On less critical note, I got the ls6! yay! Have fun with your LS1's! J/K.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joker
Modded with a cam and bolton's, this motor can easily reach 475 to 500 hp na.
I hope you are referring to flywheel horsepower and not rear wheel.

As for the power difference between the LS1 and LS6...a heads/cam LS1 will blow a bolt on LS6 out of the water. When you swap cam and/or heads on an LSx motor you go beyond the level of a stock LS6. The only REAL performance differences between the LS1 and LS6 are heads and cam. Not counting LS6 intake since they came on LS1's as soon as they were available.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

My brother lives in lubbock, tx. He recently had the same problem with their shitty *** drainage system. Pushed rods thru his block and whatnot. I told him to go to tsp, instead of gettin a ls1 crate. They built him a 377 stroker motor, all forged, took all the egr stuff off , headers, cam, heads, tq converter, and put a dump in his exhaust. then dyno tuned it. I think he came out smellin like roses on that deal. definatly beats a crate.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Not all of us are that lucky. I had to really work to convince them to get that motor instead of the LS1 crate, why I do not know. I would have taken it to a shop similar to TSP in Houston but I had no clue if they did insurance work or if they would mess with me. Obviously that is not the case.