Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A quick pic of the NEW EDELBROCK Victor headers ceramic coated

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 08:17 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default A quick pic of the NEW EDELBROCK Victor headers ceramic coated

http://www.edelbrock.com/media/news/...duct_Broch.pdf

Check out page 5....

For those too lazy to click the link...

Victor Series Drag Race Headers

These new drag race headers have innovative features to maximize power pottential in competition. They are engineered with the correct firing order pulse sequence in the collector, unlike most competitor's headers. The laser-cut flanges are contoured for a perfect fit. For 2005, our Victor Series headers are available with new Ti-TECH coating or high quality ceramic coating. We've added two new headers for LS1 Camaros / Firebirds that feature fully welded construction, including O2 sensor bosses and collectors, for a no-leak installation right out of the box.
Now if the picture is accurate, the pre-welded headres will still be stepped headers, but don't appear to have a high velocity merge collector....

I guess you have to make some compromises somewhere...
Old 11-20-2004, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the SDT muffler. Can you say "just like a Flowmaster, but with even less flow"?
Old 11-20-2004, 09:28 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those headers sure look like a Hooker....
Stepped IMO are a waste unless u build a big motor,I lost power with them.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:38 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
Those headers sure look like a Hooker....
Stepped IMO are a waste unless u build a big motor,I lost power with them.
So do you recommend going with a set of Pacesetters with TSP's ypipe?

I am running a TR224 cam (same as you) and have a set of Joe's stage two heads that I know flow well as I was there for the entire porting proccess of both heads.

What's you take Joel.... my current ypipe is total crap, a custom non-mandrel bent 2.5 ypipe that is crushed to less than 1.75" in spots.

I'd like a little more mid range that I hope to get from going to a set of longtubes.

Thanks

p.s. Congrats on your runs from the other week.... you should be quite satisfied and happy.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you guys notice part # 65702 & 65703 , it says it has a slip on merge collector and you have your choice of Ti Tech or Ceramic coatings . And if you didn't know the part # for the current Victor Series Race Header is 6570 I believe Edelbrock is offering both the fully welded and the slip on high velocity merge collector in both coating options and maybe even doing away with the black paint all together.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:07 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd have Mufflex make u a new 3in HF catted Y if your going to run cats.If not then just go non catted,Denny makes beautiful stuff and he will take car of u.The MACS are fine,dont waste your money on new headers.

See ya buddy...

Quick Reply: A quick pic of the NEW EDELBROCK Victor headers ceramic coated