Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot vs Pacesetter LT's

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pacesetters cheap and good quility
Old 12-30-2004, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Nope! Ditch the AIR system. You can even run cats without AIR, it just takes them longer to heat up.
This may be a stupid question but here it goes.
I guess my concern is with passing the OBD test. I was reading in the exhaust mod section and it said without the AIR the car will throw an SES light. While it may not effect performance it could possibly cause me to fail emissions ? Can the AIR be removed from the PCM programming so this does not happen ? If I got headers with the AIR fittings can I run without cats
Old 12-30-2004, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLPSS01
This may be a stupid question but here it goes.
I guess my concern is with passing the OBD test. I was reading in the exhaust mod section and it said without the AIR the car will throw an SES light. While it may not effect performance it could possibly cause me to fail emissions ? Can the AIR be removed from the PCM programming so this does not happen ? If I got headers with the AIR fittings can I run without cats
I just recently passed my OBD-II inspection. If you delete the code with HPTuners or EDIT then it will not throw a code, and will not set the SES light. However, you may have to delete all associated codes in order to get your rediness tests to complete. Basically, set all AIR codes to not report, and youre golden.

-T
Old 12-30-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still haven't seen any pictures comparing the TSP offroad ypipe to the pacesetter version.
here ya go first three are pacesetter's y-pipe the last one is tsp's...i know it isn't all that great of a pic...but trust me it is far superior to the pacesetter as you can imagine
Attached Thumbnails Jet Hot vs Pacesetter LT's-pypipe1.jpg   Jet Hot vs Pacesetter LT's-pyipe2.jpg   Jet Hot vs Pacesetter LT's-pypipe3.jpg   Jet Hot vs Pacesetter LT's-tspypipe.jpg  
Old 12-30-2004, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

I just got my Pacesetters/ORY yesterday. The quality is very good, I'm impressed.

As far as the y-pipe goes, I decided to go with the pacesetter one rather than the TSP. A friend of mine went with the TSP unit and it required quite a bit of tweaking at an exhaust shop to work. One of the pipes wasn't expanded like it should have been, and it was a bitch to get it to line up with the I-pipe. I figured the pacesetter one couldn't be any worse.

As far as differences go, the pacesetter peice does have the flat spots, whereas the TSP does not. My buddy also lost a SHITLOAD of ground clearance, though.

I think it all just depends on the car, they are all different. Some will have fitment issues, some wont.

EDIT: 777 - Was that an older pacesetter y-pipe? My welds are MUCH cleaner inside than those. I guess they've made some revisions since you got yours.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

yes....that is the "old" design...it sucked...the welds on the new one are MUCH cleaner and the y-collector are nicer as well...still the fitment is not that great...however i've yet to hear of a y-pipe that fit on all cars...it is just hit or miss...i don't know why they can't be made to fit all...maybe cars just differ...
Old 12-30-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

oh and by the way those are not my pics...i just searched and fount them...i kinda already knew where they were so it may have been harder to find them if you just searched normally...i ran true duals...now i have a v6 camaro that my dad had at his work (cheap) because i sold the ws6...it's just my dd until i can build up a z28...and will be running dumped true duals on it instead of over the axle
Old 12-30-2004, 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 777
oh and by the way those are not my pics...i just searched and fount them...i kinda already knew where they were so it may have been harder to find them if you just searched normally...i ran true duals...
Still the catted Y from TSP, not the ORY Alchemist wants to see. The ORY is the same, but with straight pipes where the cats are.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

damn that Pacesetter ORY there looks like crap. The one I recieved 2 month ago looked nothing like that as far as weld quality goes and it fit fine, just dit no bolt right up to the exhaust because of a size difference.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:11 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I still have yet to see a recent pacesetter ypipe or even the tsp version.

Some people have said that the pacesetter new version doesn't have the flat spots like the old ones do.

Who knows, I give up.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out this ebay listing....

Is this what TSP is selling as their ypipe? I know the bag says hooker on it, but what about the ypipe itself. Can anyone explain. I emailed the seller and he said that the ypipe is gauranteed not to have any crushed parts, so that just adds to the confusion even more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Check out this ebay listing....

Is this what TSP is selling as their ypipe? I know the bag says hooker on it, but what about the ypipe itself. Can anyone explain. I emailed the seller and he said that the ypipe is gauranteed not to have any crushed parts, so that just adds to the confusion even more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Nope, that's not TSP's. Theirs comes in 4 pcs, and does not have a mounting tab on the pass. side. Also, that pic. is looking at the bottom of the Ypipe so if it did have flat spots you wouldn't see them from that side.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Just got my TSP Offroad Ypipe today. The quality looks excellent inside and out...Won't know how good fitment is till i install it this weekend, but with the slip fits it looks like its going to be pretty adjustable.

Last edited by Chevy4Life; 02-03-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 AM
Staging Lane

Can I pass emissions with the pacesetter/TSP catted ypipe setup? I'm from CT, so I've got to worry about emissions. I have a predator, will there be an SES lights and will I be able to remove them? Thanks in advance- I'm new to the exhaust stuff.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:12 AM
12 Second Club

the TSP ORY comes in 4 pieces:
Old 02-03-2005, 07:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dan Brown
Can I pass emissions with the pacesetter/TSP catted ypipe setup? I'm from CT, so I've got to worry about emissions. I have a predator, will there be an SES lights and will I be able to remove them? Thanks in advance- I'm new to the exhaust stuff.
Depends what is involved with your testing. I have to pass an OBD-II only test here, they bascially check for codes, no physical inspection. I just bought Pacesetter's and TSP's ORY. I plan on getting a Predator or HP Tuners and delete the rear o2 codes instead of using o2 sims. You'll need a custom tune for the Predator in order to do this.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Another vote for the JetHots. I love mine, breeze to install, and picked up serious HP. I bought a used Hooker Y that had to be modified, wish I hadn't bought that. I would have bought a TSP ORY had it been out last summer.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Is it just me, or does the merge on the TSP Y-pipe look horrible? Even with the old version of the Pacesetter had a better looking merge (although the welds leave lots to be desired). Since ground clearance is a big issue for me, I think I'll go with the Pacesetter ORY...
Old 02-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Staging Lane

Well even with physical inspection, the Cats are there so....

I guess I'm just asking: the cat should be good enough to pass, right?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

This is my question too. Im going to buy some pacesetters soon. If I get an ORY and Headers with all the emissions stuff will I still have codes being thrown?