Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Mouth

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005 | 11:21 AM
bbz
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CRAGER
I have the "Borla XR-1 Round Sportsman Racing Mufflers" #40086, part number in Jegs is 157-40086. Its the 3-1/2" round muffler. I was going to get a 3-1/2" cut-out before it but there was no room. Had to bang the floorboards in a little, other than that the round 3" (40085) will fit fine from what I've heard/seen.

It looks like my 3-1/2" fits alot better, no offense:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...64997310bKkwgf

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...64997289IAwBUM

Peace,
Craig.
Is the pipe assembly after the Borla a bought piece or custom? Any noticeable performance difference from true duals?

thanks!
Old 01-09-2005 | 12:09 AM
bbz
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
shot from front of car looking back:

shot from front of car looking back zoomed in:

right rear:

left rear:

jet hot Y and DSL clearance (from right side):

muffler to right rear seat clearance 1:

muffler to right rear seat clearance 2:

muffler to right front seat clearance:

rear shot 1:

rear shot 2:

rear shot 3:
I'm interested as to the exhaust section that goes after the muffler and over the axle. Who makes it and how much?

thanks!
Old 01-09-2005 | 02:17 AM
((((((Administrator))))))
20 Year Member

None taken. If you had to bang you floor boards in, then you didn't install it right. The oval fit in with no clearance issues and no banging in anything. The round should have popped right in.
I didn't install it, MTI did. And they had to because it's 3-1/2", not the 3". The 3" fits fine, but they had to bang it in just a little so it wouldn't bump the body. It looks like mine is tucked in a little more than your oval, but I might be wrong.

Doenst matter though. Either way they turned out to be a nice sounding exhaust.
Yes they sure do!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 01-09-2005 | 02:21 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
You can email them to me at chad@dodds.cc, or if your mail server doesn't like large files you can also use YouSendIt! with the following link: http://www.yousendit.com/?recipient=chad@dodds.cc
Ok, will do. I'll round up some pics and vids, but I'll also try to get some new pics/vids. I don't have to many of them since the 427.

Thanks,
Craig.
Old 01-09-2005 | 02:35 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by bbz
Is the pipe assembly after the Borla a bought piece or custom? Any noticeable performance difference from true duals?

thanks!
I never had true-duals. I was posting in this thread about "Borla-Mouth."

The pipe after the Borla XR-1 is SLP Loudmouth. MTI put a 3-bolt flange on the back of the Borla XR-1 so it would be easier to remove it along with the y-pipe when working on the car.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 01-09-2005 | 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bbz

thanks!

The cat back exhuast is the SLP Loud Mouth. In our case, we removed the resonator and replaced it with the Borla XR-1 muffler. Couldn't tell you how this compares with TD's because I've never run TD's. I would imagine TD's give you a little more.

Quick Reply: Borla Mouth