Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any word yet on the Edelbrock headers with the new Ti-tech coating?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That NAPA stuf sounds interesting. I might just use it to make sure the collectors are sealed. Make sure to get the intermediate pipe out of the way. The ORY went on slightly crooked because I couldn't get that piece down. It looks like it will fit perfectly when it is lined up. I had to cut about 2 1/2"off the ORY to mate it up to my Spintech catback.

I found out the best thing to do to the ORY opening is to use the collector extensions and bang them in place. Then wiggle them up and down to get extra clearence on the opening. It will help alot to do this to get them in place.

The Driver's side K-member will have to be clearenced. Get a Cut-off wheel if posssible. The metal is thick. Definetly remove the Steering shaft for clearence. The headers will slip right on in. Pass. side header sitts on the Trans cooling lines and is about 1/8-1/4" from the HVAC box. You'll smell plastic melting, but it didn't damage it.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also Drill the flanges just a little to get all the bolts in. Makes installing them easier. Also take out the dipstick tube. Helps too.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, I had no problems other than the ones previously stated. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Being a race style header you HAVE to be prepared for some minor fabrication and modification. These were never intended as a pure bolt on.

As for Kooks being higher quality. Pffff. I'll never again put a set og Kooks on a car after the last set I installed. They were no were near the level of quality everyone makes them out to be. Especially considering the price.

Want miild steel? Go Edelbrock
Want stainless? Get QTP

That's my opinion.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

any numbers on what these gain you? dyno wise.....
Old 04-28-2005, 04:39 AM
On The Tree

how much did u all pay for these headers? pm me
Old 04-28-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is the best I could find on the Ti-Tech coating:

"EDELBROCK'S NEW TI-TECH™ TITANIUM-COLORED, HEAT-REISISTANT COATING
Heat is the enemy of exhaust systems and more powerful, higher-performance engines generate more heat. Now Edelbrock introduces its new titanium-colored, hear-resistant Ti-TECH™ coating to battle that heat and win.

According to Jack Mayberry, Edelbrock vice president of R&D, the new Ti-TECH™ coating, with a C-105 Titanium Satin Finish, will give Edelbrock headers heat stability to 1,600° F. “At higher temperatures, the Ti-TECH™ coating will flux, becoming harder and more abrasion resistant, unlike organic coatings that chalk and lose adhesion with extreme heat.”

Ti-TECH™ provides superior protection in corrosive environments and extends the useful life of Edelbrock exhaust components. For 2005, all Edelbrock TES and Shorty Headers will include the Ti-TECH™ finish for just a few dollars more than old-fashioned painted finishes. These headers will also be offered with Edelbrock’s polished ceramic coating for the ultimate in looks and performance."

Quick Reply: Any word yet on the Edelbrock headers with the new Ti-tech coating?