Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATS 'Pitbull' Cat back

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ATS 'Pitbull' Cat back

Anyone have (seen or heard) one of these systems? I just got it today and am curious to know how it will compare to my present Hooker set up.

Kev
Old 01-03-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This has nothing to do with the topic, but yesterday on the way to denton I saw the ride. Looked like you had a black titan pulled over. Looked awsome with the lights on.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FatZ28
This has nothing to do with the topic, but yesterday on the way to denton I saw the ride. Looked like you had a black titan pulled over. Looked awsome with the lights on.
Yup, that was me. Had the black Navigator there too...
Old 01-03-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kev you are always doing something with that car. Wish I had half the mods you do.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by K9Kev
Yup, that was me. Had the black Navigator there too...
YOUR CRAZY haha, hows the car sound with the TR-224 on a 114...ive never found any sound clips of that or the stealth/sleeper cams

ive heard of this pit-bull exhaust form a buddy...has it on his stang...i think the hooker may sound better not ballsy enough i dont think
Old 01-03-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Kev!

I've never heard the ATR Pit Bull on an LS1, but I had a bunch of ATR products for the GMC Syclone I had a few years back and the quality was top notch!

Chris
Old 01-03-2005, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

how much hp your car putin down K9kev?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

I have the ATR Pitbull Exhaust and love it! They are mainly into Grand National performance mods. It's stainless steel, not raspy, its not deftly loud (remember I still have stock manifolds and y), EXCEPT when you go WOT!!! OH MAN... at WOT it is sweet! Its similar to the Magnaflow with its straight through design. This is the reason you will see most of the exhaust gasses coming out of the driver side. As far as horsepower numbers and track times, I dont have any, but I (2000 Ws6 A4 Conv) have raced a a 2002 Ws6 A4 with an air lid and beat him by a good 3 or 4 cars. (should I be saying this to a cop?) Anyway, we raced from about a 60 roll to around 120. He said he didnt realize the exhaust was that loud, until I went screaming by him. I love it and get complimented by it by many other F-Bod owners, most of which have never heard of the brand. Install it and listen to it under normal conditions, and then give it a nice punch and im sure you will love it.

ATR PITBULL

Last edited by WS6VERT; 01-04-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Kev you are always doing something with that car. Wish I had half the mods you do.
I have a couple of things going together this week hopefully. My valve springs are in need of replacement to.....go figure....7000 RPM and speeds of 150 MPH 20-30 times a day.

I called Thunder and recieved outstanding customer service as usual 'The Best!'

Brian and Randall up @ NX are going to do the hook up on the NX system...that should be a definate kick in the drawers...lol.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
YOUR CRAZY haha, hows the car sound with the TR-224 on a 114...ive never found any sound clips of that
The TR 224 is a really nice cam. I begged and cried to the staff at TR to go bigger but....after beating me over the head (several times) I have listened to the experts and really know that I am on the edge with a cam for my purposes.

The 224 makes excellent power and still lets me idle while writing tickets out on the Interstate. There is a definate rumble to the car as I can attest to. Typically my hand writing looks like a 5 year old because the car is loping and shaking while I am trying to write. The car never fails to get a few hairy eye ball looks when I'm filling up with fuel. I can't tell ya how many times people have come up to me and said, " Definately has a cam huh?" In short, it sounds very nice. I owe many thanks to Thunder and lately, to RPM in DFW for helping me so much. Gotta love folks that dig these cars.

The key is the right combo of the LT's, Intake, TB, catback, tuning and the converter. I'm limited on my rear gear size because of the speeds I need but, Quarter mile at Thunder was consistent 12.6 @ 109's.....and the car weighs 3865!!!! Those times were also: w/o the LSX, a tighter vert, and no NX.

Pretty cool huh
Old 01-04-2005, 02:32 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

....7000 RPM and speeds of 150 MPH 20-30 times a day.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Ha!
I'll bet other cops in Crown Vic's HATE you! lol!
Old 01-04-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

I have a couple of things going together this week hopefully. My valve springs are in need of replacement to.....go figure....7000 RPM and speeds of 150 MPH 20-30 times a day.
I hope that is an exaggeration. Going 150 is pretty damn dangerous. There is no reason someone can justify those kinda speeds, unless you are letting speeders go by and counting to 20 one thousand just for *****. Maybe its just an excuse to cure the need for speed we all have. We just cant get away with it!

Brandon
Old 01-04-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

I called Thunder and recieved outstanding customer service as usual 'The Best!'

Brian and Randall up @ NX are going to do the hook up on the NX system...that should be a definate kick in the drawers...lol.
What getting some spray for the patrol car. I need your job.

Thunder does have great service I have ordered a few things from them and when I have had any questions they have always helped me out.

When do you want to come and help me change out my front springs, I know you have experiance with it now
Old 01-04-2005, 09:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I get to hear the ATR cat back every time I start the car. I have had it for 4 years and love it. It is as loud as a TD setup with my LT and ORY. The cam makes it loud as well. It has performed well and looks as good as the day I installed it.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
I hope that is an exaggeration. Going 150 is pretty damn dangerous. There is no reason someone can justify those kinda speeds, Brandon
I'm glad that there is always someone who knows my job better than I.
While I can understand your initial thought, I don't believe you quite grasp the entire picture:
At one time in my life I thought that everything was wonderful, that people cared about one another, that people respected each other and everyones property, and that things are generally Ok....then reality struck and I realized:
Although unfortunate, there are alot of rude, careless, think generally only of themselves folks out there. People travel 110 MPH on Interstates during busy traffic times, tailgate those who are not going fast enough for them, etc, etc,. I know you also won't 'believe' that there are people out there that 'run' from the police when they are directed to stop. Seems some folks with a gun in the car, felony warrants, narcotics, etc don't relish the idea of going to jail. Instead, they decide driving (as you say dangerously) thru traffic is Ok with them. Oh....I almost forgot, seems that approx 20% of the people that purchase high performance motorcycles believe that ownership of such a machine entitles them to run from the police and drive as fast as possible down open streches of road at will.
I have been a police officer for 17 years. I have been through 4 seperate driving schools, and have logged more miles behind the wheel of an auto than a great percentage of the public. I am FAR from reckless, and take great offense to your comment. Am I satisfying a need for speed while working...NO. I do that at the track.
I post on this site to interact with fellow car enthusiasts and people that appreciate finely crafted vehicles. I know a good number of members here and a lot of the sponsors and administrators. I would be shocked if any of them thought of me as some loose screw that drives like an idiot in a patrol car as an excuse to enforce the laws. Wrong label!
Take a look at some other posts from a few jr. members on here and read about being dangerous on the street.
My posts on this site run from the average question to the tongue in cheek laughs for some funny stuff. I also spend alot of time trying to answer folks questions when they have LE issues they are not sure of. I try to be open and am always honest. There have been a few occasions when a member of this site will get on here and MF police officers, laws, etc. I have always stayed away from those posts and tried not to jump on people for expressing thier free rights....however, in this case, you are directing your comment at me. I then, will directly respond to you:
Before you make an accusation, know your facts.

Last edited by K9Kev; 01-04-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

I can appreciate what you are saying and being a police officer isnt something I would want to ever do. Do I like most traffic cops? Nope. Do you seem like a down to earth guy? Yes. You are probably a very cool person. I just dont see how going 150 mph 20-30 a times would be called for. I have driven a few miles in my young age and realize that reaching those sort of speeds is difficult to do unless its 2:00 am. If in the middle of the day you are going that fast, that often, someone aside from yourself is in danger. That sir is a fact. Can you be sure you will not have a blow out of brake trouble at those speeds? All to their own, but thats JMO.

Brandon
Old 01-04-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Brandon,

We should see if you can come out and work with me some evening. I think it would be a learning experience for the both of us. And also, you drive an M6 car, you know it doesn't take very long to reach 150.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

I can completely understand K9Kev's point, if a speeder passes you at 100 MPH, and you are sitting still, do you let him go? No, He's breaking the law and should be told so, so how fast would you like him to go to catch up? 110? Would that catch him in a mile or so, 'till the next exit? 120? Would that catch him from a dead stop? probably not, I can completely understand. I have much respect for police, even if I occasionally speed, and don't enjoy getting pulled over, they are doing the right thing I'd much rather have a trained officer with prof. driving experience speed at 150 than I would some dumbass with no prof. experience get beside me @ 75. I think Kev's in the right here.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
I can completely understand K9Kev's point, if a speeder passes you at 100 MPH, and you are sitting still, do you let him go? No, He's breaking the law and should be told so, so how fast would you like him to go to catch up? 110? Would that catch him in a mile or so, 'till the next exit? 120? Would that catch him from a dead stop? probably not, I can completely understand. I have much respect for police, even if I occasionally speed, and don't enjoy getting pulled over, they are doing the right thing I'd much rather have a trained officer with prof. driving experience speed at 150 than I would some dumbass with no prof. experience get beside me @ 75. I think Kev's in the right here.
Really to me it isnt an issue of right or wrong. Just my opinion. I have driven west coast to east coast multiple times. 500K+ miles since I was 16. I have only witnessed cops doing very high speeds like that a few times. I know it is called for sometimes, no doubt. 20-30 times a day is just what I thought was strange I didnt tell you to stop being a jackass or WTF are you doing. Its your job and livelyhood, so do as you see fit. Who knows I might come by and see you at 150 one of these days

Brandon