Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best remedy for the PCV oil sucking problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I wouldn't say a rip-off, but it is expensive (they weren't always that much though). The air compressor line filters work, but usually fill up too fast, requiring keeping a constant eye on them which most people just don't like to do.

Either way...

And the LS6 valley cover won't cure it either...I still pull oil through.
you are correct.

However, you are not spraying oil directly at the baffles in the ls6 valley cover as you are in the ls1 valve covers. This is a particulary noteworthy detail as the valve cover baffels are often times removed for rocker clearance.

LS6 valley cover in conjuntion with a catch can should eliminate most all oil consumption thru the PCV.

As long as there is a vent to relieve crankcase pressure, some oil will find it's way through. Just the nature of the beast.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
you are correct.

However, you are not spraying oil directly at the baffles in the ls6 valley cover as you are in the ls1 valve covers. This is a particulary noteworthy detail as the valve cover baffels are often times removed for rocker clearance.

LS6 valley cover in conjuntion with a catch can should eliminate most all oil consumption thru the PCV.

As long as there is a vent to relieve crankcase pressure, some oil will find it's way through. Just the nature of the beast.
I agree with you 100%...the LS6 valley cover is definitely a better design...since I have both the valley cover and the catch can, it at the very least is not getting back into my intake, and that's all that matters.

Quick Reply: What's the best remedy for the PCV oil sucking problem?