Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ppc

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ppc

hey, i just picked up a set of PPC long tubes(does any one have these???) & there y-pipe to go with my gmmg.these headers are awesome looking!!!!!! they look like show material!!!! no welds showing or nasty stuff like that,all of the tubes look like they are 1 piece.from what i hear they are the equivelent to kooks?????i was wondering how they sound & how hard of an install am i in for??? anybody out there have these please chime in!!!! thanx john
Old 01-19-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

they are very high quality and install like the grott design
kooks, qtp...etc

good choice
Old 01-19-2005, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

I have 'em. Same install procedure... I did have issues with sealing some of the slip joints and the driver's cat (I have the 3.5 inch y-pipe and RT metallic cats) is very low. I think these are typical problems with all headers of this design. One nice feature is the y-pipe was also coated!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by S2002S
I have 'em. Same install procedure... I did have issues with sealing some of the slip joints and the driver's cat (I have the 3.5 inch y-pipe and RT metallic cats) is very low. I think these are typical problems with all headers of this design. One nice feature is the y-pipe was also coated!
I spoke with Gordon about this over 6 months ago to which he said the problem was that the manufacturer didn't account for cars with a stock torque arm since it was designed on a car with an aftermarket TA.

He was supposed to send me a new y-pipe as soon a new batch was made to correct the problem.......haha yea right

Now they are under "change of ownership" and I haven't been able to contact anyone.

The LTs look great.....the coating still looks new.....but that Y-pipe.....what a piece of crap.....not to mention I had to have the Y pipe flared by an exhaust shop since none of the pieces fit together Atleast they didn't even charge me to do that.

And that wonderful Y-pipe that drags on all things it shouldn't.....I wanted to lower my car about an inch to get rid of the 4 X 4 look.....but that isn't happening until I get a decent Y-pipe on the car.

Did I mention the system sounds awesome.....lol

But none the less I paid a lot of money for a big piece of **** IMO that was *supposed* to be the best. Sorry for the rant but this is definitely a sore subject for me.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

I'm not sure about the problem you had with the y-pipe. Mine fits up pretty well and seemed like a nice piece. It's the cat that is the problem for me...2 3/4" clearance!