Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 02:28 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Honestly, why even argue this anymore?? If you really like the Flowmaster tone a lot (which I do on the right set-up), then just use it! You won't feel the difference on a stock or mostly stockish car, but at least you'll have the tone you like. Now if you're concerned with every last horsepower potentially available to you (or don't want to be chocked up later on as you start modding the car with headers, internal work, FI) go with a much better flowing system available. You could always just throw a cheap $35 cutout on your I-pipe to negate the "flow issues" with the Flowmaster mufflers. Just a simple opening of the dump will allow you to bypass the muffler entirely and I personally guarantee you NO other cat-back is going to outflow an open cutout. A few might be equal, but they'll never out do that.

Anyway, these Flowmaster love/hate threads are getting so old...Everyone already knows the crossflow mufflers don't flow very well...So if that is a problem with you, simply don't get one...But if you're not concerned with giving up a few horses on your ride, they provide a nice sound for those who like it.

The only time I would strongly recommend against running the crossflow set-up is on a car with more than just bolt-ons as dynos have shown you'll start giving up quite a bit at that point. Otherwise, Flowmaster provides a nice, fairly cheap system with a very low rumble that many other mufflers don't produce...

Mike
well said
Old 02-07-2005, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still run the same Flowmaster American Thunder catback system that I bought new 6 years ago. I simply uncork the cutout at the track and let her rip. I think I'd probably hurt a lot of you haters feelings with my crappy "blowmaster" if you roll up on me.
I do plan on maybe a 4" Mufflex soon. I can't run duals because of my Spohn TA. I'm not going to buy a whole new TA just to make a dual setup work.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psykoTA
the Flowmaster came on the car when I bought it, it is going to get duals, I just need a few more pieces. So, your wrong, those that use/have a Flowmaster didnt buy into anything, look at some other opinions on it, some just like it...

Thank you to all the others that answered my original post intelligently and with some evidence (ronn25, Blue02Ws6).
why do you think i am wrong?
i know many people who bought flowmaster because they were told about how when you restrict exhaust flow by putting many baffles in a box, it somehow uses the magic powers known as "scavenging" to "create" more horsepower. i never said the ONLY people who use flowmaster..

and what evidence? you're still taking someones word.
even if they *talk* about evidence,
YOURE still getting the *talk*,
not the evidence

and even if i did have PMS and get fired on the same day,
it doesnt change the fact that flowmaster is a company that is knowingly selling a shitty product and making false claims that only happen to be true unless your stock muffler came with a pillow in it.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stone0fFire
why do you think i am wrong?
i know many people who bought flowmaster because they were told about how when you restrict exhaust flow by putting many baffles in a box, it somehow uses the magic powers known as "scavenging" to "create" more horsepower. i never said the ONLY people who use flowmaster..

and what evidence? you're still taking someones word.
even if they *talk* about evidence,
YOURE still getting the *talk*,
not the evidence

and even if i did have PMS and get fired on the same day,
it doesnt change the fact that flowmaster is a company that is knowingly selling a shitty product and making false claims that only happen to be true unless your stock muffler came with a pillow in it.
Uh huh.... I got my answer, and I really dont care anymore. There are better things to do than **** and moan about this. Take it easy.