Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im waiting for spring and im bored

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im waiting for spring and im bored

Well spring is right around the corner and i was looking at the car today thinking what can i do to it. Well i have an idea. Not the best thing but its different. In the grill section of our noses there are those 2 holes that do absolute dick but look aggressive. what about this....cut away the foam from the bumber support. Drill a same size hole in the frame section, then cutout some pastic and make a path from the nose to the bottom of the air lid...picture the ssra kit going to the nose instead of under the car. I know its not the greatest idea but, im bored and got a really big drill in the garage that i wanna use. Someone remind what a dumb idea this is before i hack up this poor car!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a dumb idea. Go play Need for Speed underground or GT3 and you'll be fine.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

here is the thing...the ssra or the ftra both block off part of the radiator, so not as much air can go thru it, hense warmer water temp. I know that the FRA i have is garbage and want to either make it stock or come up with something to make it better. I actually took my idea off the C5-R. Got to see one the other day and figured if it works for this...itll work for my car.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

you mean like this:

http://www.ls1.com/link_cold_air_mod.htm
Old 02-10-2005, 08:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ramairJP

No, that will not make any real difference. What i want to is cut out the entire square hole....not that pre cut circle and make it go to the bottom of the lid...just like the SSRA or FTRA.