Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buy it? or pass it and go for another?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question buy it? or pass it and go for another?

I'm looking at a Vortec 6.0L out of a 2002 denali. It has the cast block, aluminum heads, and all the internals, but about the only exterior accessories that come with it is the denali intake and the water pump. I know I am going to need a wiring harness, ecm, Alternator, powersteering pump, AC pump, throttle body, motor mounts, fuel pump, ignition system, exhaust manifolds, and I'll probably rebuild it just for good measure. From the two pics below, what else can you think of that I'll still need and what is a ball park figure for what thats going to cost. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth buying this motor and building it up or should I look for a more complete motor. I think this I can get this one for less than 1000.00 shipped.

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:56 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man those truck intakes are ******* ugly.

what car are you looking to drop this motor in and whats the application? what the condition of the motor; accident pullout? you'll need fuel rails and injectors as well
Old 02-10-2005, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question

It's going into a 94 wrangler, that has already had most of the drivetrain swapped. The only thing left to upgrade, is the motor and the trany( going to nv4500). I not going to want to upgrade it very much, as it's going to be a daily driver and my offroad play toy, so I want to keep the motor as dependable as possible.

The guy who is selling it was going to put it in that 88 TA in the pic but relized that the denali intake cause clearence isues with his hood, so he went with a turbo option. It was pulled out of a denali that was hit in the rear.

I figure I can get a lot of the parts off ebay, and I don't plan on having this motor in the jeep for at least a year, so I can take my time searching for the parts.

So does seem like the right price for this motor, or should I look for a more complete motor?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats not to bad of a price for an LQ9 longblock w/ intake. though you could probably find an ls1 longblock for cheaper and save the weight