Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LT's

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP LT's

This has probably been beaten to death, but I wanted some first hand stories. I can buy SLP LT's with an ory pipe for $350. I've heard a lot of bad things about these on lowered cars, but I'm on a tight budget and wanted to know just how bad it will be. I'm also buying a prokit, so that gives you an idea of how low it will be. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I have the 1le suspension on my car which sits a good bit lower than stock. As it is, I barely clear some speed bumbs. Ofcouse I have true duals which actually hit more than the headers. I quess it all depends on how low your spring kit will make it.I think I only have about 4.5" of clearance at the collectors of the headers. Maybe not even that much.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

if you're on a budget get some coated pacesetters and tsp y.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i thought with the pacesetters you could only get a pacesetter y???

how good are the tsp y's and the pacesetter headers?? how owuld they sound with a random tech cat back with cutouts?
Old 02-09-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My SS is equipped with the Bilstein suspension...the car sits approximately 1" lower than stock...my SLPs dragged on every speed bump I attempted to cross, no matter how slow I went or what angle I approached them at...I also had difficulty going in and out of my slightly sloped driveway...
Old 02-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Mine is not lowered. No problams here. You gotta be carefull over speedbumps. That's it. I think the main problam are the junk shocks. The car drops when you driving off the speed bumps.
On the other hand an F-body is not an SUV you just can not roll over speed bumps at high speeds.
SLP LT's are high quality ceramic coated stainless steel headers... but if you plan to lower your car, you better look for someting else.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blind527
i thought with the pacesetters you could only get a pacesetter y???

how good are the tsp y's and the pacesetter headers?? how owuld they sound with a random tech cat back with cutouts?
tsp (texas-speed performance) makes a y-pipe for the pacesetter. Anything tsp makes will rock.

www.ls1sounds.com for all of your "how would this sound" question

I for one think the SLP ones are good, except for the hanging low part. If you aren't lowered, and don't plan to lower, I would look to which is cheaper..pacesetter or these. Don't forget that the SLP's are stainless steal though, which is a big plus over the pacesetters IMHO
Old 02-09-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i know about ls1sounds.com...i just never have seen pacesetters with tsp with cutouts and random tech cat back.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've read a couple threads on here talking about the pacesetters not being very good quality and to get ready to buy another set of headers in a year when PS's are rusted and done. Also, what if I wanted to go with a Borla catback instead of true duals, any way I could do this? Maybe take the cats off, would if fit up to the headers then?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blind527
yeah i know about ls1sounds.com...i just never have seen pacesetters with tsp with cutouts and random tech cat back.
Well, if you get cut-outs, just find one with headers and a cut-out since all long tubes sound the same. Then, see if there is a file with long tubes and a random tech cat-back, although that catback is a rare one. I have never heard one personally.

Originally Posted by rainman
I've read a couple threads on here talking about the pacesetters not being very good quality and to get ready to buy another set of headers in a year when PS's are rusted and done. Also, what if I wanted to go with a Borla catback instead of true duals, any way I could do this? Maybe take the cats off, would if fit up to the headers then?
Pacesetters are crappy quality compared to kooks, QTP, FLP and any other Stainless Steal Header. The Pacesetters when ceremic coated should be fine, just as Hookers and Jet-hot are fine with Ceremic Coating. If you want the best header, get the Stainless Steal since it will last longer.

If you go with the Pacesetters and their Y-pipe that is made for the header (I believe TSP makes a catted y-pipe that will bolt-on to the catback) it will work with the Borla. If you take the cats off, you would need the ORYP and the Pacesetter Y-pipe will work fine for that.