Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When is the fast intake going to go down in price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When is the fast intake going to go down in price?

Yes it seems to be a best thing out, but the price for this intake with a 90mm throttle body is rediculous. Its a piece of plastic for god's sake. Charging $30-50 more than the competition would be justified since it seems to make more power, but in the mean time I am not going to pay that much for an intake.

As soon as some aftermarket companies come out with polymer intakes producing similar numbers, we should see a rapid drop in price. Anyone know if any companies have such plans in the making?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you knew that it took the the cost of 11 brand new Z06 vettes just to develop the intake..you would understand. That doesn't include the production costs of the intakes itself.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Unaffiliated Racing
Well if you knew that it took the the cost of 11 brand new Z06 vettes just to develop the intake..you would understand. That doesn't include the production costs of the intakes itself.
you must work for F.A.S.T or own stock.
Bill
Old 02-11-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

when people stop paying ludicrous $$ for a POS which many here have had TB fitment issues with. It does look good though.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ddelallata

when people stop paying ludicrous $$ for a POS which many here have had TB fitment issues with. It does look good though.
POS The quality and fitment of my intake & TB is very good, I did have a intermitting high idle problem with TPIS TB but they have taken care of that problem. I gained about the same rwhp #'s as I did with LT headers for less $$$ so it's not that bad of a deal considering the price of LS1 part's.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:28 AM
11 Second Club

in a few years they will go down in price... as you can see we are having more options on intakes now..

we have the Gm ls1/ls6/ls2/ls7(?) fast 78mm/90mm/bbk/wiend(sp?) and so on,,,, all of that brings down the price.. it will go down ...but not right away especially since some of the ones i mentioned we cant get and some just dont perform as good.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

yea it would be nice if they bring the price down a tad, I would have bought a 90mm Intake with TB, but way too much $$$ IMO....