Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default custom cold air intake

did a search, but didn't find much. anyone ever fabbed up a custom cold air intake? i was thinking of maybe using 3" plastic tubing coming out of the maf and have a 90 degree bend down towards the radiator, then putting an air filter in the end. it should be able to pick up some nice cool air down there (same place the FTRA and SSRA get their air), but still leave it high enough where water/rain wouldn't be a problem. anyone out there tried anything similar that would care to share their results? any thoughts/opinons welcome, thanks!

EDIT: something like this is what i had in mind (pic is from MADMAN's website, customer cars):

Last edited by Turo; 02-13-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why, if you cutout the bottom of your airbox it gets cold air anyway and doesn't look like an import under the hood.....
Old 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Blue02Ws6
Why, if you cutout the bottom of your airbox it gets cold air anyway and doesn't look like an import under the hood.....
it gets a little colder, but i think it could do much better. im sure the IAT's can come down more. and i dont give a crap what it looks like, im all about functionality