Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflex Hanger Install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005 | 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Default Mufflex Hanger Install?

Just got the mufflex hanger to stop the y-pipe banging (attempt to stop it at leadt). Just 1 question, where does it install on the y-pipe? Thanks and any info would be great!
Old 02-13-2005 | 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

I installed mine on the drivers side y-pipe. Right before the y-pipe begins it's curve. There is a bolt there that holds parts of the heat shield down. Just bolted up there. Sorry no pics.
Old 02-14-2005 | 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Hey, thanks for the response, im gonna try it there first and see if it fixes the problem. Has it helped your y-pipe banging problem at all because ive heard various responses, some saying it help, others saying it didnt and to just install poly motor mounts? Thanks again and any additional info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-15-2005 | 02:24 AM
11 Second Club

It did help mine and I am running a custom 3" pipe all the way back. Another advise is make sure all your heat shields are tightned down or moved out of the way. I use to get a mean rattle when I started the car cold, drove me insane. Come to find out some of my heat shields were very loose. I believe I used a 7mm wrench to tighten them all down.