Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone run into complications while installing the Accurate Machine Works catch can?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone run into complications while installing the Accurate Machine Works catch can?

My buddy and I plan on installing my AMW catch can this Friday. We were wondering if any of you ran into any problems or complications while installing this thing? Also if anyone has any tips or suggestions I'd love to hear them. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems whatsoever with mine, it's definately a great piece. I mounted mine on the passenger fenderwell between the coolant reservoir and the battery. It's tight but it looks nice there. Good luck with the install. If you run into any snags there should be a lot of info available with the search, that's how I decided on where to mount mine.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:10 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I used a bracket that darkage 53 on this site made that attaches the can to the empty bolt holes on the passenger's side head. Looks very good there, and keeps the hose lenth at a minimum... which to my understanding makes the can more effective... the oil won't pool up in the intake line as much. And the can does work... My car used to go thru about 1/2 a quart every 3 months ( which is about 1000 miles with the use my car gets ) and I know where the oil was going... thry the PCV system. I put the can on when I pulled the airlid one day to route the TB coolant bypass line.. the TB plate had a layer of dark grease all over it, after further inspection, I decided to pull the TB and get a good look in the intake. There was a mobil one pond in the bottom of the intake, a thin layer of oil sitting the the bottom!

After sopping it all out with a rag on the end of a ruler, I proceeded to get a catch can and install... no more problems. All the oil stays in the can, which I suggest you check very regularly for the first month to guage how often if needs to be emptied. You're top end will appreciate you for putting it on, I'm sure.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the replies guys. I will look into mounting it onto the passenger fenderwell as I don't have time to order a special bracket. I know the importance of a catch can. My old Formula used to drink oil through the PCV like a fish. So much so that I was getting about 4 degrees of KR at WOT. The AMW piece looks super high quality.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Teching In

This is the AMW catch can with Darkage53's bracket. Great set up, easy install.