Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for A4 exhaust

First off before you tell me to search...Ive been throught soooo many exhaust threads my head is spinning. However, most of these seem to be directed at the M6 guys who get their revs up high between shifts. For A4 guys with stock TC...what kind of exhaust is going to give that Nascar sound that some of the M6 guys can get with their high RPMs? I saw the above post from FLALS1 who has an A4, however with no sound clip, I would love more info. Ive heard one exhaust on LS1Sounds that sounds sweet with Hooker LT headers, custom ORY and muffler, dumped before the rear axle. http://www.ls1sounds.com/custom/cust...m_98Z28-A4.mov
(Tried to insert as hyperlink) Granted this was a M6 with cams, but it sounded sooooo good and is what I want. What do you guys recommend to achieve this sound out of an A4? Im very new to the LS1 world, as I used to have a 'stang. Getting my '00 LS1 SS was the best mod yet. Any help would be very appreciated. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. Im not trying to steal the thread.

Last edited by SweetAZSS; 02-09-2005 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 02-20-2005, 01:48 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

split of and made a new thread for you.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SweetAZSS
First off before you tell me to search...Ive been throught soooo many exhaust threads my head is spinning. However, most of these seem to be directed at the M6 guys who get their revs up high between shifts. For A4 guys with stock TC...what kind of exhaust is going to give that Nascar sound that some of the M6 guys can get with their high RPMs? I saw the above post from FLALS1 who has an A4, however with no sound clip, I would love more info. Ive heard one exhaust on LS1Sounds that sounds sweet with Hooker LT headers, custom ORY and muffler, dumped before the rear axle. http://www.ls1sounds.com/custom/cust...m_98Z28-A4.mov
(Tried to insert as hyperlink) Granted this was a M6 with cams, but it sounded sooooo good and is what I want. What do you guys recommend to achieve this sound out of an A4? Im very new to the LS1 world, as I used to have a 'stang. Getting my '00 LS1 SS was the best mod yet. Any help would be very appreciated. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. Im not trying to steal the thread.
it just depends on what you really do in the future. ive got shorties, custom y pipe and a single bullet. mine is setup like the borla catback. only 1 side is gone thru the bullet muffler and the other side is basically straight. you want loud get SLP LoudMouth. if you want something that has a really clean sounds go gmmg or corsa or even borla. ive heard and quite sure uve read gmmg is the best catback. if you decide later on you want long tubes dont get the loud mouth unless you want rasp thats if ur running an off road y. hopes this helps! good luck!
Old 02-20-2005, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SweetAZSS
I HAVE BORLA AND WOULDNT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE
Old 02-20-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you want to stick with a y-pipe/catback setup or do you want duals? I had the slp ypipe and flowmaster catback, biggest mistake I ever made with my car, but I switched to longtubes, true duals, xpipe, and single chamber flows, and I really like now. It drones @ 80 mph but other than that speed, its perfect. Sounds really good wot. Here is a clip: My true duals
Old 02-20-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i have jethots/ory and a borla cat back and my car sounds like a nascar People ask me to rev it up and then they cover their ears
Old 02-21-2005, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

No, get a high stall converter, Long-tubes, an ORY, and an open cut-out. You have your NASCAR sound right there.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

GMMG would be very nice. Corsa would sound great on an a4 with headers and ORY
Old 02-21-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Regular

borla w/o a plate, i love it...so do my neighbors lol...