Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting ready to weld on the new exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting ready to weld on the new exhaust!

just finished welding the 4.50 cent turndown onto my 39$ flow pro twister, it fit together pretty good and saved me a lot compared to the 30$ jegs turndowns, have removed the catback and chopped it off at the y..

now im doing final preps to it.. i sanded it down real nice and put two coats of high temp 1200 degree anti rust paint, and am getting ready to put the finaly flat black coat on.. i did this with my cutout and used macs, and it worked great, no rust in that cutout in alost 12 months!

hopefully i will get it finished up sometime soon and post some sound clips/videos!

sorry for the stupid thread, im just excited everytime i put something on my car be it 1k worht or parts or 50$ hehe
Old 02-23-2005, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

there is a pic of the inside for those who hadn't seen one.. its a straight thru center with a spiral outside.
Attached Thumbnails getting ready to weld on the new exhaust!-58506944901_330.jpg   getting ready to weld on the new exhaust!-58507015429_330.jpg  

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 02-23-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Teching In

where are you hanging the exhaust at? I want to do that same exact exhaust, but was wondering what I was going to do about the exhaust hangers. Any help is appreciated! Looks awesome!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

hmm... buy a universal hanger of some sorts.. weld it to the body somewhere and then to the muffler.. m ypipe has hangers, so with just the 18 inches of muffler, one hangar should do it. ill send u some pics when i get it done and u can see.. im kinda playing it as i go, shouldn't be to hard... but i just kinda thought this out in my head so i really dont know where exactly yet.

edit- theres the best idea i got so far.. make a lil braket and hang it.. weld it down the side of the muffler, weld about 1inch or so to something else lol
Attached Thumbnails getting ready to weld on the new exhaust!-g.jpg  

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 02-23-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldnt mind hearin what that sounds like . Post up a vid when your done .
Old 02-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
hmm... buy a universal hanger of some sorts.. weld it to the body somewhere and then to the muffler.. m ypipe has hangers, so with just the 18 inches of muffler, one hangar should do it. ill send u some pics when i get it done and u can see.. im kinda playing it as i go, shouldn't be to hard... but i just kinda thought this out in my head so i really dont know where exactly yet.

edit- theres the best idea i got so far.. make a lil braket and hang it.. weld it down the side of the muffler, weld about 1inch or so to something else lol
Cool, thanks for the tip! I'm looking forward to having this exhaust on my car cause it should awesome with my longtubes!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

yea are u going to run the proflo twister.. i would do that or the 120$ xr1.. the proflow will prolly the be quietest and flow the same i think. i woudl not run a bullet, they sound good at first, and then as its backing out of the rev theres a loud fart can rasp to it.. still sounds like 8 cylinders, just kinda got a buzz.. i think a single bullet would be raspy.