Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Catalytic Converter Does Kooks Use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Catalytic Converter Does Kooks Use?

One of the catalytic converters in my Kooks y-pipe just died. Anyone know which Magnaflow/Carsound cats they use? Thanks!

Oh, and can I drive for about a week with it busted if I can't get it fixed right away?
Old 02-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm betting its the 94109. To be sure you can take some measurements and check magnaflow.com, they have them all listed there.

You can drive forever with no cats. You will get a SES code, but that is just because your computer is detecting that there is something wrong with the cats. It has absolutely zero effect on performance or driveability. After the second of my Magnaflow cats blew out, I just left it that way. I won't have to worry about cats with my new duals though!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

I'm going to get up under there tomorrow and see if there is a model number on the cat itself.

My only worry with it being bad and driving is if something is blocking the flow of exhaust gasses. I have heard of people noticing red hot cats when there is something wrong with them because they are clogged...
Old 02-26-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

One of my stock cats failed on me after about 12,000 miles. I drove around for about a week on it before I took it to the dealer. I wouldn't recommend it though.