Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do You Liek Your True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2.5 exhaust all the way back, I have had no problems with clearence or hitting the axle, with the exhaust running underneath. I just had the guys custom fab the pipes and they did an awesome job. I will post some pics soon.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just got my sweet thunder mufflers put on and WOW they are way louder than expected. Replaced my bullits. It sounds way better but way louder.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZR2877
I just got my sweet thunder mufflers put on and WOW they are way louder than expected. Replaced my bullits. It sounds way better but way louder.
What size inlet and outlet mufflers did you go with for your sweet thunders.

I'm currently running 2 1/2" 12" bullets. And I'm about to put on my 2 1/2" 18" sweet thunders. I'm really excited and can't wait to hear them. I really hope I don't cut down on the exhaust flow to much moving to these mufflers.

Mike
Old 03-11-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by landonew
NOBR8KSS , I completely DISAGREE! I had lanes do my true dual exhaust, and i have not heard any other stock internal f-body sound as good. It is really a preference thing though. I am 20, and love the attention that i get on the street, except from the cops LOL! I am not sure how old NOBR8KSS is, but i would bet that he is more mature, and probably doesn't drive like an a**hole, or downshift at stoplights just to make it bark. As far as performance gains, i don think it has any advantage over say loudmouth setup.

I'm 27...married...I just got tired of it. If I could put a pair of street mufflers under there rather than the bullets, I would pobably have kept them forever. I have the MACs, ORY with Flowmaster collector, and Hooker cat-back on now an it is more my style. I do kind of miss the duals...but not enough to go back. I also picked up about and inch of ground clearance going back to the y-pipe setup..it tucks up much better than my duals did on the drivers side. That could have been adjusted, but I didn't want a local exhaust shop touching Lane's work.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NOBR8KSS
I'm 27...married...I just got tired of it. If I could put a pair of street mufflers under there rather than the bullets, I would pobably have kept them forever. I have the MACs, ORY with Flowmaster collector, and Hooker cat-back on now an it is more my style. I do kind of miss the duals...but not enough to go back. I also picked up about and inch of ground clearance going back to the y-pipe setup..it tucks up much better than my duals did on the drivers side. That could have been adjusted, but I didn't want a local exhaust shop touching Lane's work.

I'm 49 3/4 I love the way the duals sound on my car, with the FLO-PRO Twisters on and dumped at the axle, It's about as quiet as the Corsa that I had, only the sound is soooooooo much better,
www.boomspeed.com/bharnz/rev.mpg
Old 03-11-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZR2877
The sweet thunders are louder than your bullets

Quick Reply: Do You Liek Your True Duals?