Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maf Sensor Throwing Code P0101,p0171?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maf Sensor Throwing Code P0101,p0171?

I JUST INSTALLED A GMS MAF SENSOR AND KEEP THROWING CODES. I DID A SEARCH AND READ UP. THEN READ UP SOME MORE. TIGHTENED EVERYTHING. CLEANED EVERYTHING. IDLE IS STUMBLING, TRUCK RUNNING LIKE ****! WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED TRUCK RAN GREAT FIRST 200 MILES THEN THE LIGHTS STARTED TO LIGHT UP. ANY IDEAS?? -FRUSTRATED
Old 03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04-NALI
I JUST INSTALLED A GMS MAF SENSOR AND KEEP THROWING CODES. I DID A SEARCH AND READ UP. THEN READ UP SOME MORE. TIGHTENED EVERYTHING. CLEANED EVERYTHING. IDLE IS STUMBLING, TRUCK RUNNING LIKE ****! WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED TRUCK RAN GREAT FIRST 200 MILES THEN THE LIGHTS STARTED TO LIGHT UP. ANY IDEAS?? -FRUSTRATED
Check your engine sensor fuse in the outside fuse box may have got blown somehow! Car will smell like its runnig rich and throw a code after you go down the road awhile or second key cycle!Good luck!
Old 03-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Did you use the correct PN for you application.. I bet that there is a difference in resistance values and that's why the codes . The first code is the MAF code , the second
is fuel system lean. I say change it back clear the codes if the problem stays away you got a bad or wrong maf.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Teching In

The P/n For The Maf Is Correct. I Did Double Check It. It Is Callibrated For A Cold Air Tune. I Don't Know If This Is Somehow Related? I Will Check The Fuse And Let You Know. Is It Possible I Need A Good Tune? Should Have Nelson Tune In A Few Days.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Teching In

P/n- 350115-c
Old 03-09-2005, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Also I Have Noticed Ever Since I Installed The Maf I Can Wash My Truck And At The End Of The Day If I Was To Wipe It By The Exhaust I Get Black Resin. I Have Never Had This B-4.????? I Don't However Have Smoke Puffing From Exhaust That Is Visible From A Car Behind Me.( Had Wife Watch While She Was Following Me Home From Longhorn's Last Night.) Any Help Please????? I DID CHECK FUSES AND NONE WERE BLOWN.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the engine has gone into speed density mode and is running pig rich more than likely. Aftermarket maf ends cause all sorts of problems. Put it back to stock and clear the codes, I bet it goes away. You may just want to reset the pcm and let it relearn, see if that takes care of it.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Teching In

I RESET THE PCM AND CLEANED THE THROTTLE BODY.(IT WAS JUST TIME TO CLEAN IT.) VIOLA, SHE IS LIKE NEW. PERFECT! i AM CONCERNED THAT THIS MIGHT HAPPEN AGAIN AFTER 200 MILE RELEARN. ANY WAY IT CAN BE AVOIDED? I DID CLEAN K&N AIR FILTER LAST NIGHT. REOILING IT B-4 I REINSTALLED CLEAN FILTER. DON'T FEEL LIKE I WENT CRAZY WITH THE OIL THOUGH. THINK THIS MIGHT BE A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR? GREAT ADVISE THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED THEIR KNOWLEDGE!!!! I'M ON THE HUNT AGAIN!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Thumbs up

My understanding in this, is that a MAF change (like yours) will change your A/F ratio, usually to the lean side, and you will need to correct that through dyno tuning.

I installed ported MAF ends onto my stock MAF, and started to get upper RPM pinging, a week later I had the vehicle dyno tuned ( for a TC change), and my WOT A/F ratio was 15.8 :1 (very lean). The dyno tuner adjusted the A/F ratio to 13.5 :1 WOT, and the vehicle never ran better.

There is an old addage (sp) on these boards pertaining to MAFS : LEAVE THEM ALONE.

SteveC

Quick Reply: Maf Sensor Throwing Code P0101,p0171?