Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can you help?

I had this posted else where too, but really needing some suggestions on this, so I'm posting it here too. Hope that is ok:

Okay here is the deal, I have been having a random misfire code come up and the car had been surging really bad, I replaced the O2's and plugs today and the random misfire code is gone but the car still has no power, so my buddy pops a plug wire off the coil pack and it's arcing like a champ, so we do the rest of them on the drivers side, all have spark. He goes to do the passenger side and NONE of the coils are firing. WTF???????? HELP any ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

No ideas?
Old 03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

one time on my 1999 trans am we had that same problem, along with it causing spark knock. Somehow the seals around the intake had not sealed all the way or were leaking and water had gotten under the intake and was sitting creating rust in the two rubber plugs under the intake on top of the motor.

The only way to find out if that is your problem is the pull the intake manifold off, which really isn't that hard its just a pain in the ***. I think it took us all of one day to take it off, check everything and put it back on checking to make sure everything was connected.

I don't know if this helps but that was what was wrong with my car.

IF YOU DO TAKE THE INTAKE OFF BUY NEW SEALS TO PUT BACK ON IT. You will have to order them from a dealership or a shop that carries them.

I don't really know about the whole passenger side not getting power; thats really weird. Maybe some wire is faulty or not connected.