Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals Kick A#@.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks awesome. that is the same exact setup im wanting to do. do you like those mufflers? and what is the part number and cost of them?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Launching!

I like the mufflers alot. They are alot smaller than I thought they were going to be. These are PN 10416. The dimensions are 20" overall and 14" body. There is really enough room for PN 10436. The dimensions for this one is 28" overall and 22" body. This would probably give a little more noise dampening. There is also PN 10426. It is 24" overall and 18" body. The biggest deciding factor would be the tips being used. The longer the tip the smaller the muffler would have to be. The tips I used were PN 35171. The dimensions are 9" long, 3" inlet, 3.5" by 5.5" outlet. Cost for the mufflers are around $50 to $60 depending on the PN and vendor.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DWillTA
The whole setup cost me $670. This included mufflers, x-pipe, and tips. Not a bad deal really if you think about it.

Dave
I was quoted $800 labor, thats excluding parts for exactly the same system you have. Except using sweet thunders and cats. Dangit, if I could get it done for that price I would be all over it.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe some of those more expensive quotes you guys are getting are from places with mandrel benders (as opposed to the press benders used here)
Old 03-22-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the mufflers alot. They are alot smaller than I thought they were going to be. These are PN 10416. The dimensions are 20" overall and 14" body. There is really enough room for PN 10436. The dimensions for this one is 28" overall and 22" body. This would probably give a little more noise dampening. There is also PN 10426. It is 24" overall and 18" body. The biggest deciding factor would be the tips being used. The longer the tip the smaller the muffler would have to be. The tips I used were PN 35171. The dimensions are 9" long, 3" inlet, 3.5" by 5.5" outlet. Cost for the mufflers are around $50 to $60 depending on the PN and vendor.
cool, thanks alot. im gonna check these out.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
maybe some of those more expensive quotes you guys are getting are from places with mandrel benders (as opposed to the press benders used here)
Nope. I am supplying the majority of the bends. He would have to make very few, maybe 2? He quoted me 2 days at $50/hour. One for mock-up, one for welding. He says he tig welds all the exhaust, thats where the time is.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Launching!

If you look at all the setups that use mandrel bends they are welded every 6" to 9". They are not a mandrel system like a catback or a factory exhaust. They are just mandrel bends that anyone can purchase pieced together to get the job done. My buddy started looking at the car around 8:30, I checked in at 1:00 to see it back to the axle and getting ready to go over, and I picked it up at 4:00. Along with doing the job he also had to run his business and wait on customers. I feel your quote for 2 days of labor is alittle overkill for an experienced exhaust man. The $800 price tag if it includes everything but the headers (i.e. Cats, mufflers, tips) then it is not a bad price. If you are supplying the whole list of parts, bends and tubing then I agree, that is way overpriced.
There are no vibrations inside the car at all. No suspension contact with everyday driving. Also as stated earlier you can hang on the exhaust and it will pull the whole body of the car down it is so solid. Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DWillTA
If you look at all the setups that use mandrel bends they are welded every 6" to 9". They are not a mandrel system like a catback or a factory exhaust. They are just mandrel bends that anyone can purchase pieced together to get the job done. My buddy started looking at the car around 8:30, I checked in at 1:00 to see it back to the axle and getting ready to go over, and I picked it up at 4:00. Along with doing the job he also had to run his business and wait on customers. I feel your quote for 2 days of labor is alittle overkill for an experienced exhaust man. The $800 price tag if it includes everything but the headers (i.e. Cats, mufflers, tips) then it is not a bad price. If you are supplying the whole list of parts, bends and tubing then I agree, that is way overpriced.
There are no vibrations inside the car at all. No suspension contact with everyday driving. Also as stated earlier you can hang on the exhaust and it will pull the whole body of the car down it is so solid. Sorry for the rant.
Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: True Duals Kick A#@.....