Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa or B&B with LT's and no cats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa or B&B with LT's and no cats?

I'm hoping to get rid of my Magnaflow pretty soon here and replace it with another catback. My main purpose of getting rid of my Magnaflow is because I hate the looks of the tips. Also my car already has Lt's and an ORY and I was wondering if these two catbacks sounded alright with them? I checked out ls1sounds and there was a setup like mine and it sounded ok on both of them, but I'd rather take someone's word for it who has heard it in real life. Also I'm not a worried about loosing a few horsepower by switching to a another setup either. I'm just wondering which would be the best buy for my money and if one sounds better than the other with lt's and ORY. And for those who have seen both which tips do you like better? Any responses will be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Just buy new Tips...depends on what you like, if you want the crackly Raped Ape sound go Corsa, if you want it more smooth and rumbly go B&B

Magnaflw is the middle man on sound, so why change it...buy new tips thats it
Old 03-24-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this dude and a T/A at the track running the corsa and it sounded sick..thats probably the catback i would run. alot of people say magnaflow but i hear that its too quiet and that it doesnt get loud til you get on it. but get the corsa. that sounds sick...
Old 03-25-2005, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

I run Mac's w/ gutted cats and I am changing it because it is not loud enough for me. I run my cut out partially open for that reason. My brother has LT's w/ an ORY and a Mac exhaust it sounds like a NASCAR car. I would just changd the tips if thats all your interested in and save the money for another mod
Old 03-25-2005, 02:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just get the tips swappped out. I had a Corsa and my buddy has a Magnaflow. The Magnaflow sounds and performs way better. The Corsa is not worth the money at all... Hell, half the cost is in the tips.

Last edited by TNorman; 03-25-2005 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's all a matter of preference. Some like quiet and some like wild. I ran Corsa with LTs ORY and it was pretty raspy but still sounded mean as hell. It kinda had a marine boat sound if you know what I mean, but I liked it as I have a 22' Hammond Challenger with a 360 H/C SBC in it. I eventually put cats on it to quiet it down some as I DD drive it alot.

leahjoyce, Just swap out the tips if your happy with the sound of the Magnaflow. If you do decide to change I recommend going to the local track and hear in person the different catbacks. Many sound totally different in person. Hope this makes sense as I had way too many tonight.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

i am running corsa cat back on my t/a and i have had alot of good feed back at the track. i think you would like it.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

I love my corsa. you can't go wrong with it but it is expensive
Old 03-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Launching!

I have the Corsa also with ORY and LT's and hate it, way to raspy and very loud in the car. It would be a great set up if you were at the track all of the time and cruised the car occasionaly. To drive it daily would get annoying and make you deaf. At certain rpms the droan is terrible. The only time it sounds good is at 6500 rpm. I am going to put a spiral flow muffler in the I pipe and if that does not quiet it down a little the catted Y is next. Just my 02.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TOOSLO5
I have the Corsa also with ORY and LT's and hate it, way to raspy and very loud in the car. It would be a great set up if you were at the track all of the time and cruised the car occasionaly. To drive it daily would get annoying and make you deaf. At certain rpms the droan is terrible. The only time it sounds good is at 6500 rpm. I am going to put a spiral flow muffler in the I pipe and if that does not quiet it down a little the catted Y is next. Just my 02.
Same here

Ryan
Old 03-29-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TOOSLO5
Yeah, had that setup on my SS... Ended up putting the catted Y back on... Sounded good... but way louder without them.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tooslo5, I noticed you mentioned drone? I did not have any drone at any speeds with my ORY @ Corsa! What rpms and the like did you experience it at? I was actually suprised how quiet the car was inside with the ORY. Outside it was freaking loud which is why I went with the Catted Y.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Sorry, this may be a stupid question, but what are ORY's?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

ORY = offroad Y Pipe
Old 03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Ryan05SS, Drone only occurs in overdrive when the converter is locked. The problem with that is if I decide to hop on I90 or RT20 here in Illinois, the two roads I take often, the drone is bad. I have had two turbo regals and they are known for drone and my TA is much worse. Anyone that rides in the car comments on it. My TA is much louder than my big block Chevelle with 3" duals and two chamber flowmasters. The biggest problem with the exhaust is how loud and raspy it is inside the car. I could deal with some drone and loud outside the car but inside its terrible. On top of that I cant here the blower going down the road,lol! My exhaust is as follows, Hooker LT's with matching ORY and Corsa cat back.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

try and find the b&b tips if u can, i have a set on my car, best looking tips imo
Old 03-29-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had Kook's LTs installed yesterday with their catted y pipe. It's not very loud in the car until you get on it. Let it rip and it's loud. It draws attention. Take a look at my pictures if you want a look at the Corsa tips.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

I have one of the loudest car's i've ever heard that isn't open headers and it's so quiet inside the car that i forget how loud it is until i hear someone else drive my car by