Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Muffler for True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet thunders are loud, sound great, and flow rather well. stainless works chambered are good too, thats what GMMG uses on their systems.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

anyways whichever mufflers i do decide to change to i plan to have the set up continue out the back like normal cause i look at my car and it looks sick with dumps but my back bumper looks out of place when theres no tips coming out the back.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats why I havent changed to a true dual setup yet. I dont like the look of no exhaust tips at all and cant see paying $1000 for duals out the back. Im sure it must be driving you crazy with the trans am because of the notches in the bumper for tips. Im thinking of getting true duals with the dynomax bullets and then having them dump at my rear end but then have them bent out sideways for side pipes for a different look. If you go with the dynomax bullets or another muffler you wont need any cats, but if you go with the LM resonators on your true dual setup id suggest throwing cats on there because it just sounds way too raspy without cats. I only have mac mids and a custom catted y-pipe and its really loud and sounds awesome at a light, crusing, and at WOT so if you do use them in your set-up get a couple of carsound/magnaflow cats and have them welded in, they are only about 40 bucks a piece on ebay. Hope that helps!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

i am going back and forth with the sweet thunder mufflers and the bullets. i noticed the sweet thunder give it like a nice tone and they are nice and loud how i like them but which are louder the sweets or the bullets?
Old 03-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Bullets are louder, however each (bullets vs ST's) have their own distinct sound. Bullets flow better than ST's due to 3" inlet compared to 2.5".
Old 03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Yea the bullets are louder. The sweet thunder chambered mufflers will give it a more classic muscle car sound but the bullets will flow better and be louder and still sound pretty damn good. Id go with the bullets.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

where do they sell bullets the cheapest and how much you think it will be to have them continue the piping over the axle on one side and exit the rear. currently they are dumped at the rear end.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

You can get the bullets pretty cheap from either summit racing or on ebay. You will need whatever inlet/outlet that your true dual piping is set up with, im guessing 2.5", which are about $40-$50 a piece. I have heard various quotes for continuing them out the rear. The more expenisve quote I had was for $500, which would have the piping go over the rear and then exit out the back. The other quote I had was for $300, but they wanted to run the piping under the rear, which would result in a pretty large loss in ground clearance in my opinion. Your best bet would be to go to all of your local muffler shops and ask and see which is the best deal. Also make sure to ask if they are going to be using a mandrel bender or if they are simply going to be bending the piping themselves. Ive seen some pretty butchered jobs where the piping had all sorts of kinks in it, it wasnt curved at all but bent so ask about that as well and go with the best deal you find.

Quick Reply: Loudest Muffler for True Duals