Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's my coated Pacesetters after less than a year

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my Pacesetters in 2 days ago. Hopefully the coating will stay fresh a few years until I need the stainless. I live in Memphis and all I'll deal with is rain (we use salt once every like 2 years, and if its THAT bad, I'm parking it ).
Old 03-27-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GT Griller
Well some one obviosuly didn't clean their headers very often. I get under my car every 2 weeks or so on a weekend and give them a good cleaning. doesn't take very long and like some one else said in another thread just get under there and wipe the it off with some metal cleaner.

Oh and pacesetter is supposed to have a 1 yr warranty on the headers if i am not mistaken so call them up and let them know.
Well, if you'd read carefully, you'd see that I said I wiped them off after rain and tried to spray salt off of them after snow and such.

And Pacesetter's warranty is only on their work, it specifically says it does NOT include the coating.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine have 'rust' on them, but not where its through the coating, its just a discoloration, some of it will wipe off.

Sucks to see your's went so bad, I drive mine alot, rain or shine, and I imagine mine will do that eventually aswell. Then I'll go stainless

jimmyblue has some good advice with the POR stuff, it does love rust, and holds up very nicely.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ron78Z&01SS
Other than visual reasons what's the big deal about having coated headers? If it's for keeping the heat under the hood down, how much cooler? And as long as you have some kind of fresh air intake, so what if it's a little hotter under the hood?
coated headers keep the header temps down, which keep the cylinder head temp down & cooler underhood temps so the engine will run cooler.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

wow, i am glad i got QTP's

Quick Reply: Here's my coated Pacesetters after less than a year