Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Taylor wires

Old 03-28-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problem with Taylor wires

Anyone have any problems with the coil connector going down inside the boot when you try to connect it. I have 8mm spiro pros, I make sure not to just cram them on, the connector sits flush with the end of the boot on six of the wires. On those six, I hook the lip of the boot then guide the connector in. Then I push them on and get a very noticeable click connection. On two wires I do this and push them on with no audible click. When I pulled them off I noticed that the connector had sunk down inside the boot at least a half inch. I tried my *** off to get those things to click on. No luck.

Anyone had this problem?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Teching In

yay i just ordered Taylor 10.4s and ditching the MSDs
Old 03-29-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

My connectors are sticking out of the boot some. I could not get them to stay on the coils with them sitting flush. I also have some radio interference with weaker radio stations. Not sure what to do about that, but I do not know how you will get them to stay on with things flush.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Six of them sit pretty flush, maybe stick out the SLIGHTEST bit when I center them inside the boot. Those ones click on no problem. The other 2 are down inside the boot about 3/8 inch and I cant get them to click at all.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

I imagine it is about imposible to get the boot pushed on farther, but you may try. I heated my boots up in front of a heater to make them expand a little when assembling my wires. The tips going to the coil look OK right.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the connectors going to the coil packs look good. I just put 2 stockers on for now, I'll call taylor and see about some replacements.

Search this Thread