Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

those who owned DUALS and GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default those who owned DUALS and GMMG

1st, id like to say i did search.

i want to hear from people who actually owned a dual setup and switched to a gmmg. im thinking about it. which did you like better? any dyno comparisons?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally like my GMMG better then my old duals, b/c the TD's were just too loud for me...im not into how loud they are..they sound good, but just not for me...my GMMG is perfect for me, b/c i wanted tail pipes, tips again, and i have just always liked GMMG...
Old 04-05-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've only ever had the GMMG (now had it on three different F-bods if that tells ya anything ). I currently run it on my '95 Z28 & '02 Z28 (both have headers/highflow casts) and the system is super deep at WOT on either motor and sounds like NO other cat-back in the higher rpms.

My friend has true duals on his LS1 and it is equally as impressive to me...Obviously a little different tone, but they are both great...My GMMG is a little more calm at idle and part throttle, but sounds more refined/deeper at full throttle while his car just sounds like a flat out race race car when he gets on it...Both are very intimidating and it would be hard to choose between the two since I like them each so much...

Can't go wrong either way,

Mike
Old 04-06-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks guys..dammit i can never make my mind up. gmmg is starting to look real good to me.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

I ordered GMMG's last week can't wait to gettm. It'll be sweet!!!

You should get on the GP list & save a few $$.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Teching In

I have heard the GMMG in person several times and I think it is the best sounding catback. I have Hooker LT's, X-Pipe, No cats, Dual Flowmaster 1-Chambers dumped and I wouldnt trade them in for anything.

-VortecLS1
Old 04-06-2005, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
thanks guys..dammit i can never make my mind up. gmmg is starting to look real good to me.
Whats up man. We met at PRP a few times. I have the red Trans Am with the GMMG. I am in New Kensington if you are interested in hearing it in person before you switch. Im always taking joyrides and it looks like its gonna be a pretty nice weekend.
If I remember right you have JetHot LTs. So would you be going with a cattedY?
I have shorty headers and I think the GMMG is awesome. I have heard that with LTs and catted Y it sounds even better. I will be getting LTs someday but right now Im happy with my setup.
Talk to ya later
Old 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

I think southflss or something along those lines did this swap....sorry can't remember his actual user name but he has plenty of posts about it
Old 04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

I've had both, then TD's were nice, the sound is awesome, but I hated them being dumped because of fumes terrified of the fuzz busting my ***. The GMMG sounds bad *** too, but you will have some nasty rasp if you have LT's/ORY between 1800-2200, but after that, sounds fuggin awesome! I'd say, if your keeping cats, go with the GMMG, if your going catless, go with duals. IMO, if you wants duals, I'd go with either the moroso spiral flows or the flo pro twisters, they sound bad *** with duals, tame at idle/cruising, loud at WOT, and minimal interior drone.