Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed on upcoming setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions needed on upcoming setup

i think i have finally decided on the most practical and best sounding exhaust for my situation, and i was looking to get some opinions. i have read many threads in this section over the pas 7 or 8 months but i dont remember one describing the exact setup im looking at (although i am sure there is).

going for the QTP LTs, dual qtec y, and replacing my 80 series pos with possibly an xr-1...but i am open to suggestions on the muffler.

thanks for your time!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Teching In

-bump-
Old 04-07-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I am kinda biased to duals but the dual QTECS is cool. You have the loud cover Your other muffler is dependent on how quiet you want to be with they are closed. I've heard the single XR-1 sounds good but your best bet would be to check out ls1sounds and see if there in an ory setup with borla. If I had not gone duals I would have went with the dual QTECs Y pipe and a magnflow or GMMG catback.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:39 PM
Teching In

yes, and i was deadset on the duals for the past few months, but when i began to think about it more, i realized that i will need to be able to quiet down a little at certain times. plus having an open headers switch is just badass . i would kill for gmmg, but since i am spending most of the money on the rest of the setup, i dont exactly have the funds for that. i am simply concerned with how everything will sound when the cutouts are closed. Thanks for the reply btw

:edit: i also really want big shiny exhaust tips and id rather get this setup than run duals out the back, just from personal preference.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, you could go with the magnaflow catback. I know they can be had for like 350 and would sound good too. How do you plan on running the single muffler? Get a Loudmouth or a Rumber and change the muffler or custom fab?