Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

once again exhaust questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default once again exhaust questions...

first off i want to say that taking the cheap route ends up costing more!!

i had a local shop fab up a true dual exhaust setup for me. i wanted to go with either lane's or tsp's kit however since i was still going to be running cats i needed a system that exited the back to be able to pass smog inspection (texas= all the way out the rear or side).
anywho, i ordered my Pacesetter LT's and took my car in for the "upgrade". a week later i get my car with a true dual set up that is 2 1/4 diameter.
i know the standard should be 3" or 2.5" if the car is dropped however will my setup still flow well enough??
i am pretty much stock except for the intake however i do plan on going with a cam only swap later, will i need to eventually change my exhaust again??
i was pretty pissed because i had specifically asked for a 2.5" pipe so that i wouldn't have any clearance issues even though i am at stock height.

i've been afraid to ask but now i am ready for the truth.
thanks in advance!!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

2.5 is the standard exhaust size...ive never really seen people run with 2.25

worth a shot to dyno it and see...did you specify what exhaust pipe size to run?
Old 04-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i had wanted to go with 2.5 but he said he did the 2.25 to make it fit. i'll give him that much credit, the whole system tucked up and looks stock. i'm not real impressed with his x-pipe, i'm considering ordering another piece to replace his. i'm just not sure if there will be a difference in flow.