Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMW catch can top hose needs to be easily removable because Engine cover, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMW catch can top hose needs to be easily removable because Engine cover, any ideas?

I use a Holden engine cover on my engine from time to time. I had to cut a hole in it for my EGR. Now that I am getting rid of my EGR, and adding a AMW PCV catch can, the catch can will replace the EGR in the hole in the engine cover.

Because of this, I will need the top hose to come on and off fairly easily. I was thinking of just taking sandpaper to the barbs and removing a little of the material.

Any better ideas?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails AMW catch can top hose needs to be easily removable because Engine cover, any ideas?-holden-cover.jpg  
Old 04-15-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why do you need to remove the hose?

Anyway, if you want a truely clean look, mount the catch can on the passener side fog light bracket. Route the hoses along the AC line and through the hole in front of the battery. Wont even know its there. When it comes time to drain, the petcock (I love that name) is accesible by removing the panel underneath. Two 10mm is all.

If your goal is to show off the prettiest catch can ever made, you would be OK sanding the barbs or buying a nipple (again a good name) to replace the barb. The hose is under vaccum so make sure the clamp seals it against leaking.

ps, it looks as though your lid/filter is off center relative to the TB. That would be a couple points off in a judged show not to mention a loss of about 2 HP ;-)
Old 04-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Launching!

The removable hose part is so that I can get the lid on and off as needed without having to fight the hose. It looks more off center in the photo than in real life. Its actually amazing that it fits as well as it does. there's not a lot I can do about moving it over that little bit.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any better ideas?
Lose the ghey cover.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Thank you for the constructive comment.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AMW can comes with enough hose you can easily route it around the cover.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:32 AM
Launching!

I realize that. But as the catch can will be sticking through the cover, one or both hoses will need to be easily removed in order to remove the cover easily.