Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90mm tb on a LS6 manifold (not TPIS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 90mm tb on a LS6 manifold (not TPIS)

has anyone made an adapter or something to hook up a 90mm tb on a LS6 manifold? i do not like the TPIS unit plus it is very expensive. would it benefit to make a setup like this. i know TPIS says they have good results with there wide mouth.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am using the Nitrous Express billet 85mm throttle body with a NX adapter on a LS6 intake. It replaced a Bauer ported TB which I was very satisfied with. The NX is a beautiful piece of work. It is anodized black with a big silver "NX" on the top of it. Installation was very simple with no surprises. I am running a highly moddified engine with a 232/240 .595/.609 cam and was greatly surprised that the engine idled smoother and had better throttle tip off than with the Bauer unit. I'm guessing that the machined in vortex generators may be responsible. On the dyno we gained 6 hp over the heavily ported Bauer unit which impressed me also. I am extremely pleased and have no problems recommending the unit.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone else?