Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy Sh*t... pulley clearance with BMR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holy Sh*t... pulley clearance with BMR?

Whoa... I just got under the car to start cleaning and noticed this. Mind you this is the first time I ave been under the car really since my BMR was installed 4 weeks ago. The crank pulley is MAYBE 1/8" from the Sway bar. I flipped around and checked out the completely stock 98 Z vert and it has 2" at least between the 2. So maybe the BMR K member DOES drop the engine?! Or is there somehow a problem? I dont see how there could be but hell you never know.

I took a couple pics to show it as besst as I could. Dont mind the filth... Its getting cleaned right now. I'm armed with simple green, aluminum polish, black paint, etc.

Old 04-27-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm that just doesn't look right
Old 04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

How do you have the car jacked up? are the wheels at full drop? Is that an aftermarket sway bar? What end links are on it? Man that doesnt look right. I have the K member with the stock sway bar, end links, and stock pulley and I have a lot more clearance than that.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Its not in the air at all in those pics. It is sitting on the ground with the Eibachs. The sway is still mounted in the same place and tight. The engine mounts are in there lol. Stock SS sway bar. Stock everything besides the suspsension. Can they be upside down? **** i dont think that would make a difference. I measured from the cowl to the manifold and compared to the stock S it is roughly 1/2" lower in the engine bay than stock. There arent any marks from it rubbing yet. But maybe the stock engine mounts are dead? I dunno... weird.