Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pulley & belt replacement help. what parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulley & belt replacement help. what parts

My pullies are making too much noise, and I should have replaced them months ago, but just have been putting it off. I am not sure exactly which pulley is making the most noise, but I am sure that all the tensioner pullies, etc. need replaced. I want to replace all the pullies that I can and should, excluding the crank, so I can elimanate the need to do it again.

My question is what are the part numbers, and how many pullies will I need to get? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt, I want to get these part numbers so I can go to carquest in the morning and get this stuff.

Thanks
Fry
Old 05-01-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

come on fellas, I know that someone knows what the pullies I need to replace are. I am really just looking for the tensioner pullies, idler pullies, and any other pullies that tend to wear out and make bearing noises.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by frey51
come on fellas, I know that someone knows what the pullies I need to replace are. I am really just looking for the tensioner pullies, idler pullies, and any other pullies that tend to wear out and make bearing noises.
Replacing your pulleys is alot of work, most require the hole unit to be removed or completely replaced. Try and figure out where the noise if coming from. Most likely alternator.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually, most of the noise is coming from the tensioner pulley. I am not sure if anything else is loosing its bearing, but I figure I should replace what I can while I have the belt off. BUT, I know that there are at least two other 'guide' pullies that are easy to reach (from underneath), that I figure I should replace also.

I have been trying to find a pully diagram with lables and part numbers, but cannot seem to locate one. Any help on that.