Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting thing happened after PCV swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interesting thing happened after PCV swap

Ok so I put on an LS6 intake and in the process discovered that the rubber pcv valve tubes behind the intake had two fairly large holes in it. After a ton of searching and reading up I decided to just order new pcv tubes from my local dealer. $90 bucks later I installed them and no more leaks. Now for the interesting part, my throttle cable is now too short and will only open the tb blade about 75-80% I can fit the tip of my pinky between the blade and bump stop, so . ... is the LS6 slightly larger and threw off the cable position, I don't think so because I can feel that "play" in the pedal and it wasn't there before. So im thinking this new "play" is directly related to the new pcv hoses seeing as they were the only new variable. I have done a search and will try to adjust the cable after work today; I have TCS and CC, but I just thought this was really strange, and was hoping someone could shed some insight. On the good side the car is both idleing and running MUCH better than before. And my hissing problem has seemed to get ALOT better. Thanks guys!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

You solved a vacuum leak which is why it is running better Does the cable go over the new PCV tubing? If the cable doesn't even go near it and is routed the same my guess would be that you pulled on it or leaned on it by accident while changing the intake.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Yeah thats kind of what I figured, but I was *really trying to put all of the throttle cables back exactly how they were. So I can just adjust the throttle cable then right?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:52 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

There's a cable adjustment in the middle of the throttle cable on TCS cars. Adjust it with the throttle closed until there is minimal cable slack. Prob came 'unadjusted' just by working on it.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

The one that goes from the box to the tb, or from the pedal to the box?