Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High idle problem is intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High idle problem is intermittent

I just had the trans rebuilt but now have a new problem. My car normally idles ~750rpm (it's stock with no computer mods) but ocassionally the idle creeps up to 1200-1300 rpm and stays there. Having the a/c on or off does not affect the issue. It also doesn't seem to matter if the engine is warm or not. Usually it starts happening after I get it up to temp it will idle normal and then just start idling high until I shut the car off and get back in it to drive it the next day or so and then it will be normal again. I would think it's a vacuum leak(?) but the fact that it's intermittent is making me wonder.....possibly a bad MAF sensor? Any ideas out there? Thanks...
Old 05-05-2005, 11:32 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Might be an IAC motor in need of replacement. Check link below. First post on Page 2 under my username.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=315738&page=2

I just did a short write-up on this type of issue in that thread, info on ways to identify what and where the problem might be and such, etc.

Check it out, maybe it'll help you.