Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Relocation - What connections?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery Relocation - What connections?

I'm doing a battery relocation with a Dynabatt battery and Taylor battery box. I'm going to get the wiring myself but I need to know what connections to make?

Obviously I need to make a ground connection, can I do this in the rear of the car (maybe on the bracket where the seat belt tensioner, sand down to bare metal and ground there)?

What connections need to be made on the + side? I go from the battery to the... (fuse box, starter, alternator, just two of those, all three, etc)???

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That little battery is going to be doing some "grunting" back there. Hope every this works out for ya. Yes the ground can be done in the rear of the car. As for the positive connects, just tie them in at the stock junction in the engine bay.

Please post back up once you get everything up and running. I would like to know if that little Dyna-batt can reliably work back there. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As he said, a smaller battery trying to do it's job over that length of wire will be difficult. Some recommend you either put a lightweight (dynabatt) in the stock location or a standard batter in the back. When looking at weight savings don't forget to count the extra wiring if it's out back.