Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! power loss after installing lingenfelter intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! power loss after installing lingenfelter intake

I have a 98 z28 a4, I just installed a lingenfelter intake manifold and a volant cold air intake, but the problem is that as soon as I installed the intake the first time it hat a really rough idle and would accelerate really high then turned of, so I automatically knew there was a vaccum leak.So I took off the intake and put it on again,this time I calibrated the screws to tightened at 16ft/lbs like it said on the instructions and had my mechanic help me do the install.Well after the install the car sounded normal so I took off the plug on a sensor which I guess is the speed sensor that goes connected to the tb, and all of a sudden the idle went to about 2500 while the car was parked.I then took the car for a run for about ten minutes and it responded really well , but when I took it on the freeway I took it on the freewsy doing sbout 100mph, I then noticed that the car lost alot of power, so I got off and went through some smaller streets and the car picked up well from 2nd to 3rd gear doing about 30mph but then I noticed that it will take a while for the car to pick up speed after I was pressing on the gas and rpm's were high to about 3500, so I knew something was wrong same thing on the freeway, I pressed on the gas till about 4000 and the car will barely feel like picking up speed, but if I stomp on the pedal all the way down it'll respond like it's suppose to.Can someone help me on what this problem could be.THANK YOU
Old 05-14-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you get it tuned after the installation?
Old 05-14-2005, 12:39 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

uh, why the hell did you remove the plug in the TB , its not a "speed" sensor, the two sensors on the TB are TB positon and the Idle Air Control sensors.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

well I didnt unplug it my so called mechanic did, but plugged it back in after the idle got higher, I didnt know I have tune the manifold and how do i tune it
Old 05-14-2005, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1_beast
well I didnt unplug it my so called mechanic did, but plugged it back in after the idle got higher, I didnt know I have tune the manifold and how do i tune it
Did your mechanic uplug it while the engine was running?